eric gorr porting?

ok, its christmas time and i have a basically stock shee beside fmf pipes and i have heard a few good things about eric gorrs woods port and i heard its pretty cheap. I was wondering if i go ahead and get my cylinders ported, what else should/needs to be done as well such as the crank being welded or larger carbs and so on.. any info is appriecated

If you want to port the cylinders talk to the builder... after that ... talk to the builder ... then talk to the builder ... finally, talk to the builder.

One quetion is not enough ... trust me. Porting the cylinders means changing the overall performance of your machine. One of the things you need to consider is what pipes work better or acceptably for the type of porting the builder you choose is going to do.

For example: Lets say you take the cylinders to some builder, he ports them. Then you install everything including the FMF pipes. Maybe for the type of porting done this pipes do not work as great or maybe they do work awesome. Do you see the point?

I do not see the need to change carbs if they are not damaged at all. Else, if you are looking for more power at the top end ( bigger carbs are better for this). Woods porting sounds like more low or bottom end power.

As I said before, talk to the builder. Write down all of your questions an do not hesitate to ask anything.

My 2 cents... and ... GOOD LUCK :cheers:

Edited by richybanshee

you dont need different pipes or different carbs. it will work hella good with what you have. eventually if you want more top end go with some more top end pipes and bigger carbs, but for now you will be fine with the stuff you have. trust me, my bros shit ran goood with stock carbs. now that he has 33s its got more on top. you wont be disappointed. if you are concerned about the crank go ahead and have it welded. my brother never had any problems with his tho, and its still not welded. you might wanna upgrade to v force reeds or at least some aftermarket reed petals. that will help with the added flow. eric is a good guy and he answers the phone when you call his shop. dont hesistate to give him a call, he will help you best he can.

ok thanks for the advice i think ill give eric gorr a call and see what he can do. Can Anyone that has eric gorr  porting tell me if it produces pretty decent power gains?

293320[/snapback]

on friday ill have dyno sheets of my brothers woods port. all i know is that for 200 bucks you will not find a better more powerful port job.