2003 4 dr duramax...

anyone here looking for a truck a guy at my work is trying to sell a 2003 duramax here is the details.... 4 dr,gun metal grey paint,cloth interior,color coded running boards,steel wheels,fifth wheel already set up.. and only has 43,000 miles

this truck was drove by an old guy and he basically only used it to pull couple horses to shows... he got divorced and needs to rid of it... i plan on getting some pics of it if anyone is interested in it... and will soon go on ebay...

FYI, the 2003 Duramax's have the "LB7" engine which have some issues, the new D-Max's have the "LLY" engine ( 2004.5  to present ) which have those issues resolved, plus make more power and torque.

290226[/snapback]

ok thats nice to know.. he has never had any problems with it... but its basically almost new... just trying to help the guy since he don't have a pc....i told him i would spread the werd and post it on ebay for him... i just need to get some pics before it goes on ebay...

are they really izuzu engines?

ok thats nice to know.. he has never had any problems with it... but its basically almost new

Injectors are the most common first issue ( not that it matters really the powertrain carries a 100k mile warranty )

are they really izuzu engines?

Isuzu makes the D-Max engines for GM - They're good engines.

well i guess that sums up my thoughts on the duramax. i already didnt like it. cummins all the way

nothng wrong with diesel and aluminum. They go together just fine. There were a few problems with the 03's but they still run pretty strong. I like how quiet they are. They have plenty of power to get the job done, and IMO the interiors are top notch. Ford and dodge have rediculously plain interiors especially the 98-04 super duty fords. Cummins seems to have there shit together.

I have the 2004 with the new engine and love it. It just turned 12k on the way back from a Glamis trip las weekend and I have to say it runs away from the other two. My friends drive both pulling the same 28ft toy haulers and the Chevy kicked ass on the both. The ford was hot rodded as well. Duramax and the allison is the way to go. If Ford could make a tranny worth a crap I might have gone that route but once I pulled with the allison tranny there is no way I would buy any other.

Plus I was born into a bowtie family and you just can't change some things if you guys know what I mean.