Always ride trails first before you ride hard

micorps1

Well i was riding near Budd's Creek MD and we started out riding the motocross track which wasnt to fun because it was so muddy. So we decided to ride some trails that were extremely windy and narrow through thick forests. so we were riding for awhile and on one part of the trail there was a gentle right hand corner then a medium size hill well i was running about 3-4 gear and came off the hill and all i remember saying to myself was "oh shit". on the other side of the hill the trail dead ended and was washed out. All i remember is hitting the wash out and waking up on the ground to my buddy asking if i was alright. I guess when my banshee hit the washout....it endoed sending me over the handlbars. I knew i had to go to the hospital when i couldn't move my shoulder, so after 5 series of x-rays, CT scans, and everything else i found out i fractured my sternum (right above my heart) and separated my AC in my right should. So now i have a permanant should injury with a lump on the top of my should where the bone is sticking out. Doctors told me that it will eventually heal but dont expect i will be able to ride again untillate spring to summer. Lessons learned: Even if you think you going out to just a leisurely ride....always wear your chest protectors and all your gear not just a helmet. (2) If you have never rode somewhere before ride the trail slow first before running 3-4 gear. Not much happened to the banshee. I need i new rear grab bar and i bent one of my silencers.

Tim