getting a new banshee

master chief

i might be getting a banshee soon, but i was wondering what mods i cood do to it to make it worthy of riding trails , like what is the best low and wid range pipe and what kind of tires to get cuz i ride in mud and stuff i read a thing in one of the magazines that said ct pipes were great along with the head porting made it good to drive in low gears , i dont wanna ruin a new 5500 dollar machine by riding it in trails , what mods can i do to it that will make it go through trails without blowing up and leaving me stranded ? any help would be great guys , have a good 1 :cheers:

also what tires mudlites or razr 2's , i wanna be able to put around in the trails in like 1st or 2nd gear without frying any piston rings or reeds or anything like that, i just sold my polaris trailblazer 2 stroke last night so i cood put a big down payment on a new 05 white n red banshee , so the sooner i get some info the sooner ill be out ridin it :D

For trails I recommend the DMC 916 pipes, reasonably priced and will give you what your looking for. Do a search for pipes and you should be able to find info on whatever your looking for. Also if you've got a little extra money the Trinity single carb is pretty nice.

I'm running Titan Fast Trekkers on mine they don't do to bad for trails and if your not planning on going more than 1st or 2nd I wouldn't get anything to expensive such as Razr's because you're not going to utilize them at that speed.

It was 16.5 degrees here this morning and all my friends wimped out so I went out with my mom on her sportsman and I never really got out of 1st gear. My setup works well for that or smoking my friends quads too.

what dmcs ? the ones that come out under your grab bar ? do they give you lots of low end power over stock ? i wont ruin anything by going in 1st or 2nd gear through the trails and mud and stuff will i ?, razr 2's arent that expensive and there is only a few trails that i ride on that require me to go slow the rest i can hold it wipe open, but what is better in the mud ? mudlites or razr 2's? thanks oh shood i get head machining done also?

Here's the link to the DMC site http://www.dmc-on-line.com/ they have two kinds the Aliens(Duals) and the 916's (single) exhaust. They are good low mid pipes. You can call them to see where the best place to buy them around you is if your interested. I think my 916's ended up being $460 shipped. Another set of pipes are Paul Turner mids(from Duncan Racing) but they are pricey. I don't know anything about CT pipes. The pipe question has been asked many times so you might search and see what you come up with.

You won't hurt anything riding in 1st and 2nd as long as you have air flowing through the radiator. I've never had any problems with mine. You could get a temp gauge so you know you're OK.

I don't really know anything about the tires but you can search and find something on the HQ. I know theres threads on the RAZRS. Make sure you get something with decent wear characteristics alot of the racing tires don't last as long as the others.

As for the head you can get it shaved which will increase compression and give you more power. I'm sure you'd benefit from it, mine came shaved. Also do a search on it there's threads on it. You can also get a new head from Noss or a cool head they have changeable domes so that you can adjust your compression to your liking and available fuel octane.

Just to clarify you port the cylinders and shave the head. You could have porting done which would enhance the machines powerband to your riding characteristics.

There are all sorts of things that you can do and searching the HQ and reading is going to be your best bet on deciding which direction to go.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

Just a guess but that "burbling" sound would have been overheating and hearing the radiator bubble. I don't have that problem. One of the above mentioned Noss or cool heads will help to keep everything cool also inline coolers and water wetter or engine ice can be used. Again I don't run any of that stuff and I haven't had any problems.

If your going to do some serious mudding a good set of GBC paddlemasters they will take you farther than most utility 4X4's, but you need to keep water out of the engine and keep your bearings and chain in good working condition. Take into consideration the slower less powerful machines behind you in the mud when you punch it and let a 5lb hunk of mud fly with the paddles. Your friends will let some brown fly in there pants if they see a paddled Banshee work in the mud. Say you pull up in the mud next to a spinning 4x4 and hammer it riding a wheelie out they'll be impressed to say the least. Get going across a muddy field and the rooster tails you can throw are atleast 8 ft high when you get on it.

As far as regular tires I was able to get around better than a polaris 400 scrambler X 4x4 with my stock tires. Just keep them spinning and you'll claw through anything. I think that the ability to select your gears is alot better than the belt drive in mud.

I remember that I have seen mudlites on a Scrambler and it got around really well but the Banshee is a whole different animal so you need to look for someone who's tried them before buying for an opinion. If you thought your trail blazer was wicked you're going to think it's a dandelion compared to the Banshee.

On another note if you plan on doing alot of water riding the stock carbs tend to get stuck with their slides open so you really may want to consider the Trinity single carb setup then you can throw all that TORS (Throttle Over Ride System) crap away.

Also about all the engine mods you should get your shee first and get used to it before you go all out, plus then you'll know where you need to upgrade.

And get a plate for your air filter before anything else because the stock system lets alot of crap through to the engine.

THANKS YOU HAVE BEEN PRETTY HELPFULL :D , THE BURBLING THING IN THE MAG SAID IT WAS "BURBLING AND SPUTTERING NOT EVEN RUNNING RIGHT" WHEN IN THE LOW GEARS , THE WATER AND MUD I RIDE IN ISNT THAT DEEP BUT I INTEND TO GET K&N FILTERS WITH OUTERWEARS SO THAT SHOOD GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE WATER PROTECTION , WICH DMC PIPES DO YOU HAVE ? , I THINK FOR TIRES I WILL PROBALLY GET RAZR 2'S OR MAYBE EVEN THE TIRES I HAD ON MY TB THEY WERE CHEN SHIN LUMBERJACKS , THEY WORKED PRETTY GOOD BUT ARE ONLY 2 PLY , IDK IM JUST WAITIN TO GET MY GRANDPARENTS TO CO SIGN FOR ME CUZ IM NOT 18 YET SO I CANT TAKE A LOAN OUT, THANKS THO :cheers: IF ANY1 ELSE HAS ANY INFO I WOULD APRECIATE IT , PEACE IM OUT :flush:

THE BURBLING THING IN THE MAG SAID IT WAS "BURBLING AND SPUTTERING NOT EVEN RUNNING RIGHT" WHEN IN THE LOW GEARS , THE WATER AND MUD I RIDE IN ISNT THAT DEEP BUT I INTEND TO GET K&N FILTERS WITH OUTERWEARS SO THAT SHOOD GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE WATER PROTECTION , WICH DMC PIPES DO YOU HAVE ?

285130[/snapback]

If that's what the mag said I wouldn't read it anymore sounds like they weren't properly jetted.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A FILTER PLATE FOR THE AIRBOX. You can buy them from NOSS Machine see the banner at the top.

I have the 916's they sound awesome and have lots of power down low. I did alot of research before I bought my pipes. When I got my Banshee I wanted T5's but the HQ tells me it's not for my riding style. So then I was set on Paul Turner mids and would have got them but I decided the reviews for the DMC's were similar and I settled on the price advantage of the DMC's. My style is trails, mud and I jump anything and everything I can.