Which Clutch is the best

4strokekiller

i have a 2000 banshee and i am planning on getting it ported from passion, 33mm keihin pwk's, billet intake and pro-lite pistons i am wondering if anybody has any suggestions for which clutch to get and a ballpark on how much it will cost to get all of the clutch components that i need. my stock clutch is holding up ok right now with the mods i have but i am questioning if the stock clutch will handle all of the extra power. any help will be greatly appriciated. thanks :confused:

My stock fibers held up well also. Several years of drag abuse and once the clutch was so hot it wouldn't shift. I figured it was time to get a new clutch so when I broke it down I found the fibers still looked new and almost identical to the new ones I put in. So if I have as much luck with my dirt digger as I did my stock clutch I will be happy.

1999 Banshee with dice valve caps, duct tape reinforced frame, bailing wire secured grips, PPG chameleon painted zerk fittings, "FEAR THIS" sticker, rope to spark plug kill switch, and sheep skin seat cover with backrest.

282030[/snapback]

How come no bobble head on the handle bars? Also if you replace the "FEAR THIS" sticker with a "PRINCESS" sticker it's a 40HP improvement.

1999 Banshee with dice valve caps, duct tape reinforced frame, bailing wire secured grips, PPG chameleon painted zerk fittings, "FEAR THIS" sticker, rope to spark plug kill switch, and sheep skin seat cover with backrest.

282030[/snapback]

How come no bobble head on the handle bars? Also if you replace the "FEAR THIS" sticker with a "PRINCESS" sticker it's a 40HP improvement.

282193[/snapback]

"Fear This" sticker added too many ponies for the bobble head to stay on the bars. Plus I had to use the spring from the bobble heads to stiffen up the clutch basket. As for the "Princess" sticker I did not know and this is why I frequent this board to keep up on the latest "Go-Fast" goodies the market has to offer. Thanks for the input and I will get one of those on order ASAP. :headbang:

• 5 weeks later...
i have a dirt digger clutch and a hinson billilt clutch basket the springs are put in so they alternate between stiff and soft witch seems to work out pretty good the lever is not as stiff

294490[/snapback]

Werd. :cheers:

I didn't realize how much my stock clutch was slipping until I replaced it, holy shit what a difference. :headbang:

Edited by ledofthezep