Gas leak from Carb..

$K2

I have some gas that is coming out from underneath the carbs.. I turn the petcock, jump on and start kicking.. Cant get her to start and there is gas all over the floor.. Its coming out from one of the lines from the Carbs.. It has been doing that since I got her to Glamis but it would start right up there no probs.. Filters are pretty dirty and I will clean them up now but what is causing the gas to come out??

Thanks

I have some gas that is coming out from underneath the carbs..  I turn the petcock, jump on and start kicking..  Cant get her to start and there is gas all over the floor..  Its coming out from one of the lines from the Carbs..  It has been doing that since I got her to Glamis but it would start right up there no probs..  Filters are pretty dirty and I will clean them up now but what is causing the gas to come out??

Thanks

280773[/snapback]

Sounds like ur floats r stuck, try tapping on the bowls if that doesnt work then U will have to take them off...

You probably got some crud up in there also.....

280780[/snapback]

Yea I thought the same thing.. So I took them both apart, cleaned them up etc etc.. Same shit as before.. :confused:

Could this be the reason for the hard starting??

Wen I do get her started, she smokes pretty good from the pipes.. Possibly the mains?? They are 158's and I am about 2k above sea level in Az.

34mm Pj's with a ported engine

if your needle valve is sticking open then yes it can flood your engine when its not running.that will cause the excesive smoke when you do get it going.i dought its your mains,but im not to firmiliar with keihens(sp)take them apart and check the needle valves to see if there worn and replace

280810[/snapback]

Thanks for the replies.. These are brand spankin' new Carbs.. I dont think the needle is worn at all.. When I took them apart I sprayed the shit out of the floats but didnt really inspect them enough to see if they were stickin.. I will take them apart again tomorrow to see if that is it..

Thanks fellas