Oil+Water+Gas=YUCK

KRMit

Maybe I should have stayed awake in Chemistry class. I ran out of my PJ1 filter cleaner so I sprayed my filters (inner and outer) with WD40. The stuff seems to make grease run off stuff on my quad, why not the filter... After soaking a few minutes I brought it inside and put them in the sink and filled it with hot, soapy water... just like I always do. Well, the dirt came out of the filter in this sort of gooey gel form which was extremely sticky. I brought one of the filters outside and doused it in gas. Instead of helping matters it just made a bigger mess in the sink. Now my filters are gooey, the sink is a mess, and the house smells like gas.

Moral of this story is don't mess with chemicals. I'll be stopping by to get some filter cleaner tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
What octane was the gas...I love the smell of race gas in my house...i have a 5 gal gas can in my room, full of 113 octane mixed with soem castrol  :rotflmao:

281970[/snapback]

93 <_<

Have you smelled nitro race fuel for RC cars? It's a blend of castor oil, Nitromethanol and Alcohol. That is some sweet smelling stuff! I'd run my truck around in the house if the wife would let me. :drool:

What octane was the gas...I love the smell of race gas in my house...i have a 5 gal gas can in my room, full of 113 octane mixed with soem castrol  :rotflmao:

281970[/snapback]

This may just be the FF in me coming out but....wtf are you thinking keeping gas in your house.