2:1 pipe or PT mids?

Wassup350

This decission has been tearing at me and im wondering what i should get. I currently run some oldschool bills pipes. They work great and all but im gonna get a new frame this winter so i can run a-arms and they wont fit. I know that the 2:1 pipes give great low end but im wondering if they will lose all that top end that banshees are awesome for. Currently i have pretty good bottom end power with awesome midrange and i like being able to pull away from people on the straits with ease. I have heard so many good things about the pt mids and i think i might get them.

If you like what you have but wanna change, then I'd go to PT mids. But, if you really like what you have and want something that looks better, spend a quarter of the dough and ceramic coat your current pipes. They'll look brand new, be way more resistant to rust and you'll have the same power that your used to and like.

I've honestly heard that Bill's piipes are really good low/mid pipes, somewhat comparable to PT Mids, although the PT Mids are the strongest mid pipes out. I've just swapped over to some PTs but they're being ceramic coated at this minute, only tried them out for about fifteen minutes, and definitely stronger than my Fatties in teh mid area.

Sweeeet. Ive heard so many good things about them. I love my bills but they are old school and wont fit in an A-arm frame which is what im lookin into. SO im pretty sure im gonna buy the Paul Turners. Now i just have to hope that i can get my sled sold soon lol.

BTW how much is ceramic coating and where could i possibly get it done?? I've seen it on Banshee370s hotrod and it looks pretty good.

Also if i were to get just the pipes do you think that my bills silencers would fit?? The silencers have a female coupler. im sure i could probably have someone weld something up so it fits. I cant see spending more money on silencers when the ones i have are fine.

Edited by Wassup350

Also if i were to get just the pipes do you think that my bills silencers would fit?? The silencers have a female coupler. im sure i could probably have someone weld something up so it fits. I cant see spending more money on silencers when the ones i have are fine.

If I remember correctly, the PT silencers have a male end on them and the pipes are female, so they wouldn't fit without some cutting and welding. You won't get as much for your Bill's if you try to sell them pipes only, so my opinion is just to belly up and get the Fatboy silencers, then sell your Bills outright. You'll get more money that way and your fitment will be perfecto!!

BTW, to everyone, I just replaced my shittily modified CPI silencers that were supposed to fit my PT's with some Fatboys that are made for them, AND they came with PINK Fatboy2 stickers. WTF!! All that dough, and the f'in stickers are pink? f*ck that. Them stickers are already rolled up in the dumpster where they belong, what happened to the blue sticker? :shrugani:

wow that is horrible!! It sounds like queer eye for the exhaust guy met paul turner. So i full exhaust system it is!! I thinik i may get the quiet silencers also since ATVA/AMA is cracking down on noise
Edited by sredish

If I remember correctly, the PT silencers have a male end on them and the pipes are female, so they wouldn't fit without some cutting and welding. You won't get as much for your Bill's if you try to sell them pipes only, so my opinion is just to belly up and get the Fatboy silencers, then sell your Bills outright. You'll get more money that way and your fitment will be perfecto!!

BTW, to everyone, I just replaced my shittily modified CPI silencers that were supposed to fit my PT's with some Fatboys that are made for them, AND they came with PINK Fatboy2 stickers. WTF!! All that dough, and the f'in stickers are pink? f*ck that. Them stickers are already rolled up in the dumpster where they belong, what happened to the blue sticker? :shrugani:

i'd get the fatboys to, I think they sound as good as toomeys well close to them