COOL HEAD AND LONGROD SPACER PLATE

ROOFCOCK

SO I HAVE BEEN HEAVILY MODDING MY SHEE AND ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER THE ENGINE IS CLOSING UP. I WAS USING AN ADA RACING COOLHEAD. THINKING THE PRO DESIGN DOMES WOULD WORK I PURCHASED THEM FROM THE GUY WHO DID MY PORTING AND BORING. WELL WHEN I FOUND OUT THEY WOULDNT WORK I JUST BOUGHT THE PRO DESIGN COOL HEAD TO SAVE A HASSLE AND TIME. SINCE I AM AFTER LOW END FOR WOODS RIDING I WENT FOR THE TOP END SPACER PLATE (4MM LONGROD CRANK) WHICH IS BASICALY A PLATE WITH A HEAD GASKET ON EACH SIDE. PRO DESIGN SAYS NOT TO USE THE STOCK HEAD GASKET BECAUSE THE O RINGS SEAL IT. WELL WHAT ABOUT THE SPACER PLATE. DO I REMOVE A GASKET FROM ONE SIDE OR USE IT HOW IT IS. ALSO HE SENT ME A CAN OF COPPER SPRAY A GASKET. AS I HAVE NEVER USED THIS BEFORE I AM A LITTLE LOST...DO I USE IT ON THE HEAD THE CYLINDER BASE OR BOTH

THANKS IN ADVANCE....ROOF

PS ANYONE WANT TO BUY A HEAD CHEAP

SO I SPOKE TO THE GUY I GOT ALL THIS STUFF FROM AND HE INFORMED ME I COULD STACK IT UP LIKE IT IS USING THE COPPER SPRAY A GASKET TO LIGHTLY COAT IT. DOES ANYONE DISAGREE WITH THIS IF SO WHY? I AM DEALING WITH MIKE AT LAKES MOTOR SPORTS WHO HAS BEEN A TREMENDOUS HELP AND I AM NOT DOUBTING HIM JUST LOOKING FOR A SECOND OPINON DUE TO THE LARGE SUM OF MONEY THIS PROJECT COST IM JUST TRYING TO AVIOD A CATASTROPHE

DLNOSS THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING SO QUICKLY

I would use stroker domes before using the spacer plate on top of the cylinders. Way more reliable and simple. Of coarse I am not a performance shop but I believe that is the way almost all of them do it.

I do make stroker domes. The advantage of the stroker domes is they probably seal better than stacked gaskets. If you decide to go that route, you should check the deck height.

I do make stroker domes. The advantage of the stroker domes is they probably seal better than stacked gaskets. If you decide to go that route, you should check the deck height.

id just get your domes cut....id also get your porting adjusted for the longer stroke to really make it perform..witghout it you really arnt going to get mucgh