new key location

chris642

hey, i want to ditch the plastic on the bars. The thing is im cheap, so is it a good idea to drill a hole in the bar that is above the carbs. you know what im talking about, right? i see that its inbetween the frame rails so i was wondering if it was dangerous to do this because maybe it supports the rails when their under stress. so do it or make my own bracket?

hey, i want to ditch the plastic on the bars. The thing is im cheap, so is it a good idea to drill a hole in the bar that is above the carbs. you know what im talking about, right? i see that its inbetween the frame rails so i was wondering if it was dangerous to do this because maybe it supports the rails when their under stress. so do it or make my own bracket?

i moved mine to beneath the seat but further back, behind the airbox. worked fine, but then i decided to just ditch it altogether...

Check Ebay, and pick up a billet key relocater bracket. I bought mine for like $10, and it is aluminum and mounts on the two rear tank bolts. The key stays under the seat. very clean look. I just bought mine and haven't checked, but some companies say that the factory wiring even reaches it. For $10, you can't go wrong.Ebay Hide a Key Auction

Hope it helps.

thanks, im gonna go witht the hide a key auction. Now that i think about it, I really shouldnt mess with the frame, especially if i ever have to sell it, not that it would ever happen B) i also lost one of the bolts for the gas tank and the auction comes with two allens.