Getting plastics looking their best

Aussieguy

I like to keep my banshee looking good as well as running good and was wondering if anyone could help me with a few tricks?

I use Meguiars trim rejuvinator on the plastics and it works great especially around the filler cap. gets a nice shine that lasts. but i do have a few stress marks ( see my pictures in images section right rear fender) i was wondering how succesful the heat gun method is and exactly how hot you need to get it. I gave it a try with a hair dryer (not mine) and it didn't work. Does anyone have any before and after pics of this method? or know of any good products?

As you found out, a hair dryer does not get it hot enough. You need to use a heat gun. My wife has a cheap one that she bought at a craft store. I don't have any before and after pics. But I would estimate that using this method removed 75% of the white marks on my friend's blue plastics. We may have been able to completely remove the white marks, but we were afraid to push our luck. Your plastic needs to be absolutely clean before you do this and make sure that you don't touch the plastic or you'll leave finger prints. :unsure: Just keep the heat gun moving, don't hold it in one spot for too long, and if the plastic starts smoking, you got it just a little too hot. You want to heat it up to the temperature right before it starts smoking, unfortunately, you won't know where this point is until it starts smoking. I suggest practicing in an inconspicuous spot, such as under the seat.

i use a propane torch. works like a charm.

yeap, just keep away from it with the end of the torch about 6 to 10 inches. just barely let the flame catch the plastic or itll bubble up and look like poo. this will work over and over again. keep goin over it until the normal color is back. it wont be perfect but its alot better than those really nice looking white marks.