Shee wont start

Greetings! Its been a while since ive checked back here. Anyway, for a little background on my shee its a 1997 with a new wiseco hotrod crank, vitos cast pistons, bored .60 over, k&n filter, airbox snorkel removed, thats about it for motor mods. The motor was rebuilt in early spring, lasted 2 weeks when I got it home and started seeing a white tint in the tranny oil, turned out to be a waterpump seal (or so the shop said, they replaced that under there warranty). It lasted another few days and started sputtering at high RPMs just as it hits the powerband. The temp outside hadnt changed at all since rebuild by the way so i can rule that out. Not long after there were some family issues and I didnt realy do much riding for about a month and a half. Well I got the shee out a few weeks ago and after filling the tank with fresh fuel (there was maybe half a gallon of old left in it) I kicked it over and it would start and idle, but as soon as I would give it any throttle one of the cylinders would die instantly (cant remember which one at the moment, think it might have been the left side). As of now, I can kick it over and it will cough ONE TIME then it wont do anything untill i pull the plugs and clean them real good or replace them, then it will cough ONE MORE time before I have to repeat the process. I did this for 4 hours continously one evening and couldnt walk the next day so I parked it and was gonna just wait untill next spring to mess with it. What changed my mind? I did a poker run a few days ago and had to ride 50 miles on ATV/4x4 truck trails in the rain and mud up to my waist in some of the ruts on my dirtbike with a bald rear tire. Yeah it was fun.....NOT. There were a few banshees there, only 1 made it more than a mile though, some didnt make it out of the staging area :unsure:

Sorry for typing a book for you all, I just wanted anyone who might try to help to know the background on my shee. Thanks in advance for any replies :-) I gotta get my shee running, since the poker run iam starting to get wicked thoughts of 05 predators and vforces in my head......they kicked so much @$$ on those trails we were on lol

If you still have the TORS system, I would try disconnecting the control box on the frame rail right above the left cylinder, and try again with two NEW plugs. If that works, it's probably the e-brake switch out of adjustment or a bad throttle switch, I would get a TORS removal kit and be done with it.

If that doesn't work, I'd check the compression first, then start going over the electrical system. From the symptoms, it could be the coil, but it also could be something else entirely (like clogged pilots and/or main jets...if it sat for a while it would be a good idea to clean the carbs and make sure the jets aren't clogged). Good luck.

Ok....I cleaned the filter, made sure the fuel was topped off and good, turned the idle screws 1 turn in, put 2 new plugs in it, kicked it over ONE TIME and.......and..........it fired right up :dance:

Iam guessing it is jetted for colder weather perhaps? It seems to run like a raped ape when its cold but runs like :yank: when it gets warm out...weird. Well iam gonna go out and kiss and makeup with the Shee and piss off the neighbors, thanks again for the reply :-)