Wheelie to the ditch during a drag

420bigbore

I just got my shee 2 months ago id say. And im going to college and i decided to make a atv safety video for my speech class. Well during the day of riding me and my buddies saw a new kawasaki kfx400 riding on an adjacent gravel road. So we went and asked where he was riding and the guy on the bike wasnt the owner but asked if i was fast. I said i wasnt used to the speed of the shee yet and he told me that the owner would want to race if i was good with that. My shee's plastics look like hell just because i dont want to put new ones on for the trail riding i do with the trees and thorns theyd just ruin another set. So we go and find the owner who is nearby and he asked me if I was up for a drag race. Then he asked me what I had had done to the motor all he could see was my lrd pipes and silencers i just told him id tell him after the race. All he told me about his bike was that he had it geared crazy low. Since he was more in the racing mood than me he set the rules. he wanted it to be like a 150 yrd race. My bikes powerband doesnt really even hit until mid 4th gear probably a-lot like the other shees on here but i wasnt going to back down from my first drag race. i had the feeling this guy was trying to hustle me. So we put a twenty on the race and my buddy got the camera ready for the footage..we went to the line and he started doing a breakstand then he took off and i dropped the clutch to strong and killed it...he came back and goes thats cool it was just a warm up..then on the next go i beat his ass off the line but hit it to hard in mid 3rd and started wheelying towards the ditch then i let off and put the front down and hit the throttle again and took him by a quad length...i took his twenty even with a near hazardous spill. Then he wanted to double or nothing it and i was feeling confident after this...we didnt have a flag to go for but he took off before i was all the way ready but i just punched the hell out of my shee and took his ass to town...got 40 dollars out of the weekend but had to put it towards the coil I fryed during the last race......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well just a little update on the race. when i said that i fryed my coil I didnt know what all i was getting myself into..After investigation as to why my banshee wouldnt fire I just went ahead and bypassed the tether kill switch and bought a new ignition coil..I then found that i still wasnt getting spark. After removing the stator cover I found not a flywheel and stator but a crank trigger more similar to those found on highperformance street bikes... There was voltage coming off of the crank trigger and the only place between this and my new ignition coil was this aftermarket cdi box...there are no markings on this cdi box and I am now in a hunt trying to find a cdi box that will make my shee run strong again..Has anyone else had this problem? or could anyone give me ideas? thanks and keep ridin...

• 2 weeks later...
Could a 440EX keep up with a banshee?

285525[/snapback]

Im thinkin no.

285534[/snapback]

When I bought my 97 Shee about three years ago I ran a 400 ex bored to a 440 which had an aftermarket rev limiter. I had stock dunlops at that time, An old DG pipe and K&N filter and jetted stock carbs at 280, All my other stuff was stock. I started in 2nd as a launch,..he ate me off the line by 15ft but once third gear hit hard he was toast, ...I never looked back at him once I passed, I just kept slammin gears like he was on my back. When the race was over I turned around to see him still behind me by an unbelieveable distance. I often thought about that race and wandered what the distance would have been if I had a tire with better traction. He was always a better drag race than I, so this really played hard on me at the line. My Shee brought me through it. :clap: