Any legal experts here? Q's about felons &

Holyman

I have a couple of friends who are very generous and so have helped out another couple who have lied a thousand times about everything. Well after disappearing with all the money they had been lent, they just re-appeared and said that they are getting separated and the wife {a convicted felon} is now eligable for child care benefits because the husband {illegal alien} has abandoned them {a lie}. He claims he has a legitimate SS# but someone else in our town also has the same number {a lie}. He has a job with a good company and good benefits but their credit is destroyed because of going to those paycheck until payday places. They move every couple months when they get kicked out but now she claims that he is going to move in with his brother and pay her rent and share rent with his brother {simply impossible}.

What I want to know is...

1- Is there any way to confirm a persons jail record or convictions.

2- Is there any way to confirm someones ID they use for work?

3- Are felons entitled to Social Security or SSI benefits or child care benefits or payments?

1- Is there any way to confirm a persons jail record or convictions.

I have not tried, but one of those internet places may work????

2- Is there any way to confirm someones ID they use for work?

An employer can run a credit check of them for credit reasons, otherwise back to the internet thing.....

3- Are felons entitled to Social Security or SSI benefits or child care benefits or payments?

This one is great.. The answer is YES!!! I see more convicted felons on welfare. I swear, every one I meet (and I meet a lot!) have a damn Quest card. In washington you get a Quest card which works like a credit card to buy your beer and cigarettes to trade for dope.

4- What the hell are they doing helping these people?

The ONLY reason they have helped them is because they have kids and the kids are completely innocent.

I keep telling them {my friends} that I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths but they look at the kids usually wind up helping them out.

I know I could run a credit check but I have not been able to get any of their ID numbers like SS# or Drivers license. She claims to have a license but no-one has ever seen it. She even said that her state ID was her drivers license and that there is a new state law that allows a sticker to be put on the ID to make it a license. The thing that is so aggravating is that some of this stuff is partially believable. Illinios has/had a system where you could put a sticker on your old drivers license when you renewed so you wouldn't have to go in to get a new card issued. He supposedly has a license but for sure he doesn't have a real SS#. And these numbers are never given out.

The other problem is that he has a name that is the Mexican equivalent to John Smith. There are millions of people with the exact same name and about 999,000 of them live in the Chicago area so there's no way of getting anything on them that way. We also think they have lied about their ages in addition to everything else they lie about.

The biggest problem is the kids. The kids love my friends more than their own parents and they just can't stand to see them suffer because their parents are idiots.

I have 2 law degrees and I worked for the US dept. of homeland security for an internship of 6 months and your best bet is to contact a border partrol agent and have them check this guy out for legal rights in the country. They have access to the information that is needed for this. and the women, although she is a felon, is able to get ssi for a child... hope this helps your question...

The ONLY reason they have helped them is because they have kids and the kids are completely innocent.

I keep telling them {my friends} that I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths but they look at the kids usually wind up helping them out.

The biggest problem is the kids. The kids love my friends more than their own parents and they just can't stand to see them suffer because their parents are idiots.

I don't think it sounds like they are helping the kids at all. If they can't stand to see the kids suffer something needs to be done or else the kids will spend a lifetime suffering following in their parents footsteps.

If he's an illegal I'd turn him in, even though more than likely authorities won't do anything about it. The mother sounds unfit to raise rats let alone children.

It does'nt do any good to report an illegal alien in Illinois. They will not deport them. They won't do anything. I am willing to bet that his name isn't even his real name! I know of A LOT of illegals that have bought their SS#s and their names. My sister's husband is illegal, and he got caught using his boughten SS# when they bought their house, and nothing happened. He has over 15 speeding tickets and a DUI in less than a year, and still has his liscense, YET my friend, who is american, lost his liscense for 6 months for getting 3 tickets. MY brother-in-law's sister, also illegal, had no liscense, borrowed a car with no insurance, and drove through the front window of a laundromat. THE COPS DID'NT DO A DAMN THING. If it was you or me, we'd be in jail, but she's free do go and do whatever she wants.

Holyman, I don't know what to tell you. You definately have one hell of a situation on your hands.

Trust me, I'm sure it isn't the cops problem why she still isn't in jail. It's the legal system (court system) as a whole. I had a thought a long time ago. Do away with judges making any verdict or sentancing and have one panel (elected) decide every sentance in the entire state. Then at least it would be the same across the board.

Also do away with the jury system and make it paid elected positions!!! Get rid of the retards often seen planted in jury pools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 law degrees and I worked for the US dept. of homeland security for an internship of 6 months and your best bet is to contact a border partrol agent and have them check this guy out for legal rights in the country. They have access to the information that is needed for this. and the women, although she is a felon, is able to get ssi for a child... hope this helps your question...

Illinois ain't exactly a border state but can you send me a number or a link? If you don't want to post it here, then please email it to me... IHRbearings@peoplepc.com

It does'nt do any good to report an illegal alien in Illinois. They will not deport them. They won't do anything. I am willing to bet that his name isn't even his real name! I know of A LOT of illegals that have bought their SS#s and their names. My sister's husband is illegal, and he got caught using his boughten SS# when they bought their house, and nothing happened. He has over 15 speeding tickets and a DUI in less than a year, and still has his liscense, YET my friend, who is american, lost his liscense for 6 months for getting 3 tickets. MY brother-in-law's sister, also illegal, had no liscense, borrowed a car with no insurance, and drove through the front window of a laundromat. THE COPS DID'NT DO A DAMN THING. If it was you or me, we'd be in jail, but she's free do go and do whatever she wants.

Holyman, I don't know what to tell you. You definately have one hell of a situation on your hands.

I realize it doesn't do much, but atleast it's doing something. I have a great uncle who lives in Arizona down by the border and he goes for walks every morning always carries his 45 on his side. He tells a story about seeing illegals get into a van, took down the license plate numbers, calls it in and they say they can't do anything. Apparently the ranchers are trying do do there best to keep them out though. It's so bad down there that church groups go out and put up flags and water so the illegals don't die coming into the coutry, the ranchers just consider those water buckets good targets and shoot holes in them. The country is slippin' away.

Arizona is completely different all together. Out there, they learn english REAL QUICK, to fit in, so that they don't get deported, but up here, they WON'T deport them, so they don't bother learning english. My brother in law does'nt speak a word of english, either does 75% of the rest of the illegals in Illinois. The ones that do learn english, and come to this country legally, I give them credit, and have no problem with them whatsoever.

Is anybody actually in favor of illegal immigration and open uncontrolled boarders? 99% of the people in here will say no, I'm sure. So why in the hell can't we get our politicians and law enforcement to do anything about it?

Hollyman - If you actually had both of their social security #'s you could run a credit and background check and it would all show up, without it you may have to do a little more research, but I guarentee the info is all in a database that you can access somewhere.

My dad owned a dairy for 30 years, recently sold out and retired. He would never hire illegal labor because there is supposed to be fines and penalties for hiring illegals. His employees with green cards, I assume or at least my dad thought they were legitimately legal, would claim 10 dependants on their W4 tax form so they weren't paying any income taxes to the federal gov when they were actually single. My dad called the IRS and told them this to make sure he wouldn't get in any trouble for not paying the correct tax portion of their wages to the feds and they said there was nothing he could do and that it wasn't any of his business.

The argument that illegals don't collect their tax returns so they pay more than their fair share of taxes because they can't file a return with a fake SSN is BS. They don't pay in shit and if one family out of 6 has a baby or is injured without insurance that eats up ALL of the tax money they did pay in leaving you and me to pick up the bill for the rest of their social benifits, fixing the roads, infrastructure, sending their kids to school, ect. And who will pick our fruit and vegtables? Answer; somone, no one, or a machine, and I don't give a shit which one. I'd pay another $1 a lb for tomatoes and save a $20 on insurance premuims and medicare that didn't have to pay to cover what non insured illegals drain out of the system.

Make a law that migrant workers pay 40% of thier income to taxes, social security, medicare, insurance, ect. like the rest of us and if they are legit then they'll get a nice tax return, if not well then they will just barely pay for themselves and not rape our system. Otherwise close the boarder and start deporting. :flush:

Sorry Holly, didn't mean to hi-jack your post, just feel very strongly about this subject.