33mm PWK jets

Justintoxicated

I noticed the local stores have 2 kinds of jets.

Some are labled like 168 RD and others say 168 and have a star like emblem next to them. I believe the ones with the symbol are Keihin Jets. I'm not sure which work better, but the Keihin ones seem to quite a bit different. the hole is the same size but is located lower (higher actualy I guess) inside the jet.

I noticed the jets that came in the carbs (got them used though) were Keihin. For some reason though both of th eplaces I have been purchasing jets from want to sell me the RD labled ones. I just bought 5 sizes for my PWK's and they were all labled RD. I did nto notice the difference at first though.

SO which ones are better?

Trying to dial in this Passion 12-port (non stroker). 168's were running tits at ocatillo, but I was mad fat at glamis (gas and oil all over the plugs and could not pull any gear) of course it was also like 110 degrees. I think I'm going to drop to 162's and I'm hoping the RD jets are the right ones since thats what both these places tend to sell me for the PWK's and I already have them in 172, 170, 162 and 160's. the 168's I was using were Keihin.

If anyone knows the answer thanks!

Veys and alba sold me RD jets.

Anyone know which is appropriate or which is better, or if there is actualy any difference in performance?

I already spent like 40 something dollars in jets and I'm not even sure they are the right ones(they both fit and screw in but are designed slightly differently inside) ...gotta drive for 6 hours to go test them out really :(

How much does a jet cost at duncan like $8 lol?

They are different than 28's for sure!

Edited by Justintoxicated

Naw it was like $3-4 a jet, I actually lost a couple and they gave me some. They never have exact change either so I always end up paying like $5-6 less. lol Just don't go in there and ask questions they will try to sell ya a bunch of shit just tell em what you want. Hope that Loren or the lady behind the desk helps you they are nice the other dood, I believe Lenny told my friends that drag pipes were a joke and PT high revs made more power lol some people

...gotta drive for 6 hours to go test them out really

why do you have to go all the way to the dez to jet it? if you need somewhere to ride for tuning purposes, we live on a private asphault road you can use to tune. Jetting will be a little leaner out in the dez but it gives you a close baseline.

Naw it was like $3-4 a jet, I actually lost a couple and they gave me some. They never have exact change either so I always end up paying like $5-6 less. lol Just don't go in there and ask questions they will try to sell ya a bunch of shit just tell em what you want. Hope that Loren or the lady behind the desk helps you they are nice the other dood, I believe Lenny told my friends that drag pipes were a joke and PT high revs made more power lol some people

...gotta drive for 6 hours to go test them out really

why do you have to go all the way to the dez to jet it? if you need somewhere to ride for tuning purposes, we live on a private asphault road you can use to tune. Jetting will be a little leaner out in the dez but it gives you a close baseline.

that would work, how long is the strip? long enough to hit WOT? if I throw my stock tires on can I test these 162 RDs? Are you sure I won't get a ticket? I live near 2 bars so it is a bad idea to ride anywhere near my house.

Usually you can hit 4th or 5th gear which is enough for me to tune, it just has to be when we're home obviously. It's a private road, so at the very most we'll get a noise violation, which they just tell us to put the stuff away. The only problem is that you can't ride back and forth for a while you can only make one to two runs up the strip, turn around then come back down. I've always been able to tune, I just let the bike warm up before i go and it works. Now that I think of it you will probably be able to get a 1/2 mile strip or so.