with all these atv deaths how about a survival

nickxc

Well I did it. I was hurrying and came into a corner wrong yesterday and went off into the tooleys at about 60mph. I hit the brakes hopeing to slow myself down before I hit trees and I hit a little pile of dirt and catapolted me over the bars. The shee went end over end and slammed down on the back of my legs. It tore a hole the size of my fist in my calf on one side. I got up and thought I was gunna walk away but when I pulled my pant leg up I was bleading worse than ive ever bled There was meat hanging right out of my leg. Ive been in sled accidents, motorcycle accidents, car accidents... and I have never seen blood like this. I put my hand over it and it squirted out around my fingers. I pulled the shee out of the bushes pulled my seat off (I keep my kicker under the seat cause I lost the guts for it and it wont stay on) and got my kicker. started the banshee and rode as fast as I could right up main street to the hospital sitting on my air filter. by the time I got there (5-6 min) I was ready to pass out. there was blood all up my fenders. so much on my handle bar I couldnt grab the clutch or even hang on, on one side. it was all over my frame and splattered up my silencers. After 3 hours and 11 stitches they let me go home. now im on all kinds of good pain killers, and its a good thing cause this sucker hurts. My other leg is one solid bruise but at least the skin wasn't gashed wide open :cry:

on a good note there is just a couple little scratches on the shee. no bends or breaks in anything... :clap:

Thanks for the support, Im just so happy that whatever hit me in the back of the legs didnt hit me in my back and tear into my kidney, lungs, liver, intestine, ribs, or even the back of my neck. It could have broken my back and I could have laid there and bled to death. I am just extremely thankful that I get a chance to learn from it...

god damn man! sounds likea a ruff one, i just got the 8 stiches outta my leg a few weeks ago, they were the first, but im sure not the last, yours sounds like a bad one, recover quick and ride on, its a 40 min drive to our hospital, so im glad my accident wasent like yours, snap a few pics of it sometime

I wish my dad wouldn't have washed the shee off when he got it home cause I would have liked to have taken a couple pics of that. I have never seen so much blood in my life. I have had over 250 stiches total since I was 14 years old. (10 years) and this is the most blood I have ever lost. My garrage still smells like there is a dear hanging in it cause the underside of my fender and exhaust still is covered with blood spatter... I'll try to get a pic of the leg when I change my bandage today. If the batteries in my digital camera will allow it, they are pretty dead... Anyway thanks for the concern I hope to be back on the seat in 2 weeks or so. I prolly will have trouble with the muscle since it was tore up pretty bad but the wound should be closed up good by 2 weeks...