Clutch Problem

tbyrd15

While riding the other day, the clutch lever suddenly had alot of play in it while shifting into 2nd gear, so i figured "broke cable". But i slowed down it was like the clutch was still engaged. While the motor is running i can still shift through all of the gears smoothly, just not shift into gear.

Has this ever happen to anyone else and what do i need to do. Do need a new clutch or could something be stuck????

This happened to me before (sort of). I had the clutch apart and put a new shift assembly in, and when I tightened that nut that adjusts the clutch (there's a nut and then a phillips screw in the middle of the nut) I didn't tighten it enough. Anyways it fell off along with a washer and something else, it ended up at the top of the bastet theres a little spot where heavy shit goes. I'd drain the oil, and pull the cover off and see if your plunger is working properly, probably something silly.

It might just be the cable that therail mentioned above. Before buying mine I helped a friend reassemble his after painting the frame, like 5 years ago, and it did exactly that because we forgot to tighten down the lil bracket that holds the cable in place. Its right under the carbs..

It'll likely be one or the other if the clutch lever just currently has no resistance at all.