toomy t5 jettting

turbor

ok i live in montreal canada, and have no idea of elevation, my shee is a 04 bone stock except for a kn filter and the snorkel removed. can anybody tell me my elevation and how to get it? i have been told by a local shop 280 mains and stock pilot ,stock needle positon (3rd?). The more i read here the more i think this will too lean. im not sure if i should change the pilot to a 27.5 ? but im almost positive i should start off by moving the needle to the 4th clip and a 290 or 300 main. In my head if you add pipes that are supposed to help you make more power in the midrange, than you need to add fuel in the midrange(needle) if you dont toutch it, youre not msking alot of extra power in that area over stock?

Also the right pipe is VERY close to the lower rad hose on the base of the motor (like 1//32~1/16) is that dangerous? will the hose eventualy melt?

How do i remove the switch assy (what the hell is that for anyways) on top of the carbs to acces the needles?

thanks guys, just got my banshee a few weeks ago and ready to start playing on it!

the assembly atop your carbs is the TORS system. JUNK IT!!! buy a proper kit to remove them from www.vitosperformance.net or a host of other places. it will save you time and effort and when jetting your banshee and will rid of any future problems you may have with it, when it decides to prevent your shee from reving properly.

Edited by itsmyforte

280's may be fine, although move the clip up one and drop the needle. Just unscrew the brass looking holders on the sides of the carbs and unscrew the carb tops and remove the assembly. Be careful not to switch the slides though. Do one at a time. Not hard to do.

toomy banshee, i still dont get the way you say it lol, you need to put the clip one more notch closer to the taper end so 4th clip from the top. The way i read both your post youre suggesting i put the needle lower and putting the clip one notch closer to the flat end, that leans it out....

Anyways, i did put it on the 4th clip from the top today and it did indeed like it :)

i'm running a 280 main, but i'm pretty sure its lean on the top end because it revs but i dont feel any power and my pipes still are pretty dry in the end when i come back from a ride compared to stock when they always where oily at the tip. Is there a big difference from a 280 to a 290 or should i switch to a 300 right away?

Yup, thats the way we run our 99. Leaned out the clip a notch and it runs real strong. As far as your mains, you are gonna have to do a plug check and see how they look. Throw in a set of new plugs, run it at WOT, pull in the clutch and coast to a stop. Look at your plugs. Should look chocolate brown. Anything lighter, your mains are too small. I would just go up a size until it bogs and then down to the next size. I.E. if it runs good with a 300, bogs with a 310, then it should be good with a 300. As far as your pilot, stock is a 27.5, if it idles good, no need to change it. I still run the stock pilot in the 99 with V-Force reeds.

ok, i just put 300 mains in it, and did a plug check and its right on!!! and it pulls alot more too!. i adjusted the needle one notch ritcher than stock, the midrange is awsome, i left the pilot stock (25) but i have a slight hesitation right off idle so i need to play with screws right? i have no clue witch srew is the air screw and witch screw is the idle speed screw? Also when i'm wide open in 5th or 6th and come back to idle right after i noticed the idle is a little faster than normal for a few swconds, could that mean i'm a little ritch on the mains?