a-arm grinds the road

QuAdRaCeR^775

Well yesterday i went riding with my friend who has a atc 250r, we were just messing around on the back roads and i was ridng a wheelie in 4th and droped it down to shift to 5th when the wheels touched the ground the bottom left a-arm bolt snapped sending the a-arm to the ground, while trying to stop the bottom a-arm jumped inside of the rim scarring it to f*ck. Then we had to tie the 2 a arm pieces together with a rope and pull the bike backwards because forwards the tire would just go sideways trying to break the tierod, the atc250r had to tow me like 4 miles back to my house then the chain slips and wraps up around the front sprocket of the 250r cracking the case saver. :angry:

Edited by QuAdRaCeR^775

Man its no joke when one of the arms goes free. A few of years ago when i had my second CR500 a friend had his Banshee and we were out riding.. the lower balljoint snapped or came un-hooked or something and he went flipping at a very high speed on the concrete. Big mess. He went to the hospital via ambulance and I carried his busted machine back to one of our farm buildings with a forklift. He was pretty beat up. Just fixed it and sold it when he got out of the hospital... kinda sad.. he vowed to never ride again.