heres some pics of my latest project

Southside Motorsports

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 10mm Cheetah on race gas with 35 PWKs. The low hp run was the first run with wrong timing curve, different pipes, and the powervalves were not opening. The last run was the best with the best curve on my Dyna, the better pipes, and with the springs out of the powervalves.

It didn't scan the best, but it'll have to do.

Edited by Daren

That seems to be the wave of the future. Many people are running the very long front-ended frames. I just don't like how they look and from the performance that I've been seeing, I'm not too impressed.

Besides it is more cost effective to use a longer swingarm than spending the money to stretch the front.

I think that I'm going to go to St. Joe tomorrow, but I might wait until Sunday. I might go both days. I'm not sure yet. I might just load the shee up in the truck and leave all the extra stuff at home this weekend.

I do have to lower the gearing back down. That won't take me too long. I need to clean it up some too. I might even wait until I get there to play with the gearing. It'll run 94.6 mph on asphalt with the gearing that is in it now (17/40).

My bigger front sprockets finally got shipped, so maybe I'll get to run the 1/8 next Friday with enough gear to pull all the way through. Here is my best timeslip so far with the too short 17/40 gearing.

Edited by Daren

Daren, Looks like i have some fun to look forward to with this cheetah by what they are saying about your bike and i will be running almost the exact same setup.

Flattrack'nit, my engine is a 535 Cheetah on race gas.

It is a fun engine. That 6.68 was with a +12 swingarm, no wheelie bar, a 2-5 not a 1-5 override and running out of gear. The largest front sprocket that I had was a 17 and the smallest rear that I had was a 40. A friend loaned me a 38 rear and well the chain came apart. I won't ever again run a rear sprocket less than a 40. With the 17/40 it was running out of gear. I should be getting my 18 and 19 front this week, so if I am off work Friday I'll be heading to the strip to see what it'll do. I expect it will run at least in the 6.5s and break 100 mph.

Here is my best 300 ft sand timeslip in only two nights of racing (70x):

Edited by Daren