choke cherry in idaho

sandgrencivic2k1

I was wondering if anyone has climbed choke cherry in the idaho dunes. I have done it with my bike and sandrail, but just got a banshee. Here is what I have:

dune port

v force reeds,

cool head with 19cc domes

advance +4 degrees

dual k&n's with outerwears

stock carbs with 320 mains, stock needle, stock pilot jets

toomey t-5 pipes.

i run a 13/41 gearing now, but want to go to a 14/41.

runnin 20x10x10 9 paddle haulers.

What would you guys say what gear I can run up it in with both gearing listed above?

I want to pull it in 4th, or 3rd. without having to downshift.

My friend and I was there this last weekend. My buddy has a Banshee with basically the same mods as you listed except Trinity head, Trinity mx cylinder, CV 35mm single carb, Toomey tr-6 pipes, 14/41 gears and 20 x 10 x 10 sand devils 8-paddles. With me (experienced rider-175 lbs) on his quad and cooler temps in the morning, and very dry sand, it would pull the hill in fourth gear.

My Banshee all stock except for the toomey tr-6 pipes and jetting mods would pull the hill in third under the same conditions. When the quads got heated up pretty good, I ended up having to drop a gear (both bikes) to get up the last little bit. My 04 completely stock with ITP sandstars 8-paddle would go over Choke in second gear... :blink: not setting any speed records though :rolleyes:

One thing that impressed the heck out of me this last weekend was when I pulled up to the base of Devils Dune (on buddies quad), completely stopped, then starting out in first and shifting up to 2nd then 3rd and going over the top with ease! :dance: Gotta do some more work on my Shee!!

• 2 weeks later...

Choke is good but big bowl?dead horse is tha shiznit. I love ripping up thos bigazz dunes and mine pulls both in but at the top i have to go into third about 15 feet from the top. But I LOVE St. Anthiony and am venturing out there tomorrw (if I can find a freaking chain) but HELL YEA St. Anthony RULES :headbang: