My BanShee Blowed Up PLEEEZE HELP

Unless I need to give any information on my mod's let me know cause I will just try to make this short. My 01 Shee has been running awesome the way I have it set up. I was goofing off while a friend of mine was stopped in front of me. I pulled the front brakes like I have done several times from a stop and just started rooting the dirt up for maybe a second. I then took off and my Shee started running like Sheeit. One side started popping/blowing back. I was able to make it back on one cylinder. I started the process of elimination when I got home. It wasn't the plug (even though the new one had a slight small purple spark). The k/n's were recharged (which I don/t think mattered), The front seal on the problem side of the exhaust blew out, I checked my carb and it was fine, I pulled my V Force Reed out and one of them was ripped in I guess from the blow back, it imploded to the inside and forwards. Shee was getting gas. I get alot of great information from these forums but this one has me dumb founded. The opposite side is fine but gets hot with the handicap of the other side. The only thing is I don't have is an ohm meter and I was wondering if the side I'm having the problem with is because the coil is cutting out for one side or if it could be my cdi. Please email me at Seven5959@aol.com with some possibilities or leave me a reply. I rely on these forums before questioning anyone. I didn't list all the mod's cause this thing has been running awesome and I figured I eliminated everything but the cdi or the coil. Thank Yall in advance.........BanShee777

Check compression

I'd definately do that 1st. then get your reeds replaced & try it. Sounds like you may have a clogged main, even though I see you checked...check it again.

My g/f's dad's banshee did that last weekend at the dunes, ran great all weekend...went to the shitter & came back, roosted a bit in camp & it went to crap on one side. There was a little chunk of grunt in the main that was causing the whole problem. :shootself:

sounds exactly what happened to me with my 01 when my piston ring caught the exhaust port. CHECK COMPRESSION. I pulled my head after I checked the compression and all their was was this little chip missing on the top of the piston. I was a couple miles from camp and when the rpm's were up enough on the engine on the way back it felt like it'd fire on 2 pistons, and as soon as i'd let off or pull in the clutch the engine would just die on me and start backfiring and stuff.

Ok yall, as much as I have fooled with this thing I guess I had a brain fart. I checked the compression last (that was stupid) my Vforce reed on the bad side of the Shee was missing/bent in I guess cause of it imploding, the piston lost half a ring, I hope on the impode it threw the other half out the pipe(still gonna check the case though). Unbelievably nothing happened to the cylinder wall. Thanks to all of yall who replied, big help.