Battling to start

Percy

My 01 Banshee used to always start 1st or 2nd kick and still does most times, but recently has been battling to start 1 out of 3 times, mainly when warm.

It has new plugs and filter is clean. What else should I check for?

(When it is doing this it is just dead when I kick it, and then after about 30 kicks it will splurt a bit and then fire up. Normally splutters a bit on start up then 100%.)

Other times I just starts 1st kick??

Appreciate any help

Percy-Zn

this may not be in, but it could give you some ideas.

When your jetting is off, sometimes a warm engine will show symtoms more then a cold engine. Hence, if your engine starts fine when cold, and has trouble when warm, your jetting may be off.

Check what fro said, then if that all checks out, see if your jetting is good.

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

The shop took the top end off for me and it's a mess inside.

A ring has broken! (Why?) and all chaos in there. The shop are saying I must have a new top end

and also advise I do the bottom end at the same time, or the new top end may put more pressure on the

slightly worn bottom end and break the whole lot again.

Do you guys I agree I need to do all this?

The piston is already max oversize, so barrels need to be resleeved as well.

All in all very costly repair....

Appreciate any advice

u be better off to get set of juggs of e-bay and hve bore to accept stok style piston if you ride hard on thing with shee you get wisco piston u may get more hp but as alwals more hp means more work lol thats why i alwals have 2 back up top ends i got one .040 and one thats is 414 in stock cylinders bouth new in grage u learn to have spare top end i did know were a .040 tope end is for 300.0 i think it may need bored if inthersted i could call and see what least he take for it i sold him a lasleeve 409 power valve kit and i think he got a .020 top end with pistons for around 450 thats new with out gaskets hope this help u