stroker

i wanna order the hot rod 5mm crank long rod. but what is the 4mm . or the other way around. i am kinda lost. here. and does any1 know if the hot rod crank comes welded? i believe this would put me at a 373 stroker on stnd. bore right? if i sound like an idiot then sorry. i am just asking ?s b/c i think you people out of all people will know what there talking about. thank you and i appreciate the help.

its a 4mm longer stroke with a 5mm longer rod. You will need wiseco 795 pistons for the longer rod. For the longer stroke you will need either a spacer plate or a cut head. It is also HIGHLY advised to at least get the porting adjusted for the longer stroke, Id get a full port while you were at it. If you dont get the porting adjusted its gonna be either all top or all bottom...eith porting you get pretty much both

Edited by rebelbanshee2

if you dont get a long rod you can keep your psitons. the different pistons are only for the longer rod. However if you are getting a stoker i would get it ported for it and if you are getting it ported you should bore it and if you are boring it i would go long rod and use the 795s pistons for it...

but does this mean that if i want to get a 4mm stroker i can keep the pistons i got if i get one with a spacer plate. i don't want a long rod thou, just stroker. and i don't want to ruin my motor, so i need to find out

i run a 4mm long rod (5mm) crank wid no spacer. but i do run long rod blaster pistons and the head was cut too for the stroke. ive also ran a cool head wid this setup wid no trouble at all. the spacer is a waste in my opinion, if its done right u wont need it .hell ive seen 10mm stock cylinder motors w/ no spacer.

the ports have been smoothed out but not ported. i have a pretty new top end and i am running vito's ss. pistons so i cant have it ported cuz thats pretty much what they do on their own.

they aint set up for the added stroke though...the added stroke jacks the port timing all up

Just thinking? I know dont do that.

If you put a long rod crank in and a spacer. What are you really doing?

I thought you got better performance by reduceing crank case area. now its getting bigger. And your not moving anything up top. If you run reg pistons there produceing the same compression just higher up.

Now what makes sense is no plate and a milled head for piston clearence.

Someone help me understand this plate moving cylinder up and longer rod at the same time and actually makeing your bike faster.

Thanks

I thought you got better performance by reduceing crank case area. now its getting bigger. And your not moving anything up top. If you run reg pistons there produceing the same compression just higher up.

Someone help me understand this plate moving cylinder up and longer rod at the same time and actually makeing your bike faster.

the longer rod reduces side-load stress on the pistons. this reduces skirt breakage and adds to the efficiency of the motor.

about the plate. im not sure if you can mill a head that far so thats why they run a plate. if you dont want to run a plate get wiseco 795 series pistons. they have a 5mm higher wrist pin placement and are designed for the use of londrod cranks with out the 5mm spacer plate at the base of the jugs.

i dont know that it actually makes the bike any faster. if thats what you have in mind and are going to get a crank, get a stroker but that a different story. the whole idea behind the LR is to make the motor more reliable and scrape a bit more power out of it. it really just reduces HP waste by lessening friction on the piston.

ok i think that covers the whole LR story. who wants to talk about strokers? :headbang:

Edited by therail

but does this mean that if i want to get a 4mm stroker i can keep the pistons i got if i get one with a spacer plate. i don't want a long rod thou, just stroker. and i don't want to ruin my motor, so i need to find out

if youre going to get a stroker your probably going to port it. to adjust the durations and timing and just so you dont waste some of that power. so if youre gonna have it ported why not just do it when you have it all apart. however when you port it you need bore it as well, this clean up rough edges and nasty little things that can tear that motor to pieces. and since youre gonna get new pistons anyways with the bore job you can just order long rod pistons. so if you really think about, it'd be a mistake not to get a longrod crank.

that all make sense?

Just thinking? I know dont do that.

Thanks

the plate or cutting head is not for the longer rod, it is for the added stroke length. pistons with a higher wrist pin location are used for the longer rod a plate or cut head is used for the longer stroke