Custom Kickstart Idea

decon

I had an idea for a custom kickstart. the base would be a standard kickstart, the top part on the kickstart would be cut off and in replacement would be a bycycle pedal on a cylinder welded so when u kick it stays with your foot because it can rotate around like on a bike, and it being bigger making it sorta easier to kickstart your banshee.

uh - sure, but why?

if your shee is jetted right you can start it by kicking it with your hand!

...when I was teaching the gf to ride.. when she stalled it and hadn't mastered kicking it over yet, I'd kick it backwards (like the R) from standing next to it. man was that easy. But, once you learn to kick a CR500 over successfully... the shee is *easy*

uh - sure, but why?

...when I was teaching the gf to ride.. when she stalled it and hadn't mastered kicking it over yet, I'd kick it backwards (like the R) from standing next to it. man was that easy. But, once you learn to kick a CR500 over successfully... the shee is *easy*

I saw someone kick over a ported CR500 that also had the compression bumped way up. This guy was well into the mid 200's, probably 250lbs+ and he had a hell of a time getting it to kick over. Once it started up that thing was gone! I don't think I could have kicked it over to be honest. I might have got one or two good kicks, but I think it would have bucked me off if it would have caught near TDC at the end of the kick starter travel. :lol:

uh - sure, but why?

not really. my uncle has a jetted banshee, takes long time to kickstart. his friend has a banshee jetted, takes him a long time to. they just keep kicking and kicking and kicking. it takes a while for me to start my uncles banshee, but when its warm is starts right up. maybe they didnt jet it right? not sure. just wait for me to get my banshee and jet it, then ill get back to you on that kickstart with my hand.

Shit man your uncle must not have it jetted right...mine starts first kick everytime, hot or cold....and i can start it with my hand...

wow, thats some crazy shit. i have to actually work to start his banshee when its cold. ill ask him what jets he has on his carbs. should it be 280 or 270? hes on flat land. maybe he doesnt even have his shit jetted at all, because if he did it would start in 1 kick right? i think he just told me that because his friend bought a toomey tr6 kit and so hes saying his is jetted to.

Shit man your uncle must not have it jetted right...mine starts first kick everytime, hot or cold....and i can start it with my hand...

wow, thats some crazy shit. i have to actually work to start his banshee when its cold. ill ask him what jets he has on his carbs. should it be 280 or 270? hes on flat land. maybe he doesnt even have his shit jetted at all, because if he did it would start in 1 kick right? i think he just told me that because his friend bought a toomey tr6 kit and so hes saying his is jetted to.

Being "Jetted" is a term....... but having your bike TUNED is different.

"Jetting" your bike means more than changing the main jet.

My shee w/ 225lbs compression can be started sitting down on the first kick.

To get the bike to start on the first or second kick will require "tuning" of the carbs. You will have to change/check your pilot jet and adjust your air screws. Idle adjustment too.... Needle position could also play a role in it......

my uncle has a stock banshee with FMF fattys, boost bottle, k&n air filter, vented airbox,and jetted carbs. he still has the TORS system on there, and no idle kit, u think thats the problem? he says sometimes his banshee doesnt run right, it doesnt get the amount of throtle it should be getting, and I told him about TORS. I really think thats the main problem of why his banshee isnt starting in 1 kick, because I know most or all of you have a TORS removal kit on your banshees, or new carbs.

my uncle has a stock banshee with FMF fattys, boost bottle, k&n air filter, vented airbox,and jetted carbs. he still has the TORS system on there, and no idle kit, u think thats the problem? he says sometimes his banshee doesnt run right, it doesnt get the amount of throtle it should be getting, and I told him about TORS. I really think thats the main problem of why his banshee isnt starting in 1 kick, because I know most or all of you have a TORS removal kit on your banshees, or new carbs.

I still have TORS on mine.

The pilot jetting will make ALL OF the difference between not starting and starting on the jetting side of things.

uh - sure, but why?

I saw someone kick over a ported CR500 that also had the compression bumped way up. This guy was well into the mid 200's, probably 250lbs+ and he had a hell of a time getting it to kick over. Once it started up that thing was gone! I don't think I could have kicked it over to be honest. I might have got one or two good kicks, but I think it would have bucked me off if it would have caught near TDC at the end of the kick starter travel. :lol:

Yeah that would have gone hella fast. Mine were relatively stock except for a pipe and intake. My bro borrowed it one day to go riding with one of his friends and his foot slipped off the starter and it went up the back of his leg and cranked him behind the knee. Ouch. Needless to say, wasn't wearing riding boots. The travel of the kicker on that thing is insane though. Its like.. your whole torso and body weight get into the action.

If my CR250 w/ CR500 motor project comes through.. i'll be complaining worse about kicking over a 500, again.. ;)