God, or no god(not trying to offend ne one)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about this? God created everything and he has always been there right. Well didnt he have to create "There" before he could be "there" to create everything else? So technicaly wouldnt someone else have to have created "there" before god moved in and made everthing else, I mean did he just poof into existance and start making shit, something was there before god, if it was evan just empty space it was there first so he didnt create everything. So the idea of God is flawed, or we just got it all wrong, or it is just something our ancestors made up to make them feel better about death, make them feel like there is a point to living other than to just live and once you die you are just dead and thats it. Personaly I think once you die it's game over, you dont feel bad or happy or think this sucks, you simply cease to be, no more thoughts or pain or happiness. I'ts just like before you were born you wernt anything, but that didnt suck did it!! There is no point in life or death it just happens, regardless of what anybody belives.

Hey heres what I've been taught. we are all brotheres and sisters sent her from heaven and life is a test if we pass the test and achieve the highest kingdom of heaven (celestial) we will inherit our own place to build worlds and such from our father (god) (jesus is gods son and the holy ghost isn't connected to either) and then it continues as one big line. thats how god was created

WOW a religious subject in a Banshee forum two of my favorite subjects 

I could do the long version or the short version but I guess I'll try to hit middle ground.

God- yes

God= Love- Yes

God= Jesus- No

Trinity- No

Praying to Saints- No

Burning forever if you sin- No

Creation- Yes

Evolution- Mathematically impossible so... Evolution- No

Santa Claus/ Christmas- Non Christian belief adapted by Church to get people to join

Easter Bunny- Non Christian sex ritual adapted by Church to get people to join

Devil- Real

Devils home- Not under ground somewhere, not red, no pitch fork, no tail, probably rides a Honda 

Dinosaurs- Obviously existed and the Bible obviously doesn't go into detail

Moses was the one who lead the Jews from Egypt, Noah was the one who packed up the animals in the ark.

i agree with this

my belief in god and all that good stuff is pretty thin

i just cant see how the one person who is supposed to have the power to protect us and keep us from harm

can simply let our world be so damned F%^KED up

hell half of the world is busy killing each other

i am not a believer or a non believer i guess

i believe but not fully

there are so many ways in wich we can doubt

but my only arguement is about those who do believe that think i am unholy for not attending church reguraly

i dont see how a person thinks they ae better than others jsut because they go to church on sunday

my sunday is gladly spent outside enjoying the earth

..........the earth that was somehow created for us to enjoy...............by who i am not sure yet

Hey heres what I've been taught. we are all brotheres and sisters sent her from heaven and life is a test if we pass the test and achieve the highest kingdom of heaven (celestial) we will inherit our own place to build worlds and such from our father (god) (jesus is gods son and the holy ghost isn't connected to either) and then it continues as one big line. thats how god was created

:clap:

I'm with Meat and knigh ripper...I do not believe that there is a "god" who created all and made everyone the way they are for a reason, and all that stuff....I do however believe in karma, and what goes around comes around...this could be the way i was raised, but it is truley the only thing i believe in

karma is bullshit theres fuckers who have raped pillaged, robbed banks and went on to retire and die in there sleep of heart falure, what comes around dont go around

:clap:

if you believe in god ........he wasnt created he just allways "was" otherwise the dude that thought god up would be god.....

Edited by Blue Duece

I agree with most of the "non-beleivers." My 2 cents is this:

The bible was written long ago when there was no "Law" and it was a way to scare people into acting civilized. All the bible boils down to for me is a set of guidelines of "to-do" and "dont-do." with a whole bunch of "do it and I'll slap you" filler to scare. I just treat people as I want to be treated. Don't steal, kill, rap or pillage are just thing I hope don't happen to me, so I don't do it to others.

I don't think people who believe are dumb or weak at all. They just don't look at things the same as I do. I grew up in a baptist family and went to church with them and have never thought it was for me.

As my final thought:

To each there own and live the way you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else!!! And as my dad did to me, I will show my kid both sides and let him\her choose and not brain wash from a early age either side.

:cheers:

Jeremy

or havent been shown the truth

what if i showed you your banshee was a peice of shit, and my honda step through 90 was the shit, or the "Truth"........................ thats what this discussion is about, not one of us knows what the truth is......thats whats wrong with the world..... some fuckers think they know the "truth" when in fact every single one of us are full of shit up to our eyebrows..........all you know for sure is you rode around in some guys nuts then you wound up in your moms stomach, and your gonna die, and pay taxes, i studied several religions with various what id call "cults" they all think its there way or nothing, some religions were invented as late as the 1800's, whos the baseball player that wins a game and then says "thankyou Jesus"? like some fucker came down and helped him pitch, but forgot to feed the 40,000 children that starved to death that day......religion is for followers who cant find faith otherwise.....

Religion is something that shouldn't be forced upon someone. You don't need to go to church to be a good christian. You don't have to be sin free to get into heaven. I believe that you get into heaven not by the deeds you did to deserve entry, but by accepting that God is there and he has a better place for you when it is your day to die. As far as all the bad stuff going on in this world, I honestly believe that something is going to happen in the near future. I don't really know what. We will have to wait and see. God is only love. He can let a murderer into the gates of heaven if the murderer is truely remorseful for what he has done. I believe that there is a time in every person's life when he or she experiences something so extrodinary that they have to believe that we aren't just here to make babies and die. There has to be a reason that we are the only animal on the earth that can reason and use our minds freely. God has given us this gift. The way you use it is up to you. Everyone will have their day to die.

There has to be a reason that we are the only animal on the earth that can reason and use our minds freely.

we are the only animals on earth, that know we are going to die, hence the bible and religion otherwise all hell would break loose, if you knew for damm sure that you were going to die and there was absolutly no life after death, youd go fucking insane, thats where hope and faith comes in......so far we all rot and bugs eat our asses.....

Edited by Blue Duece

Nun: You don't believe in God because of Alice in Wonderland?

Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you."

Edited by Meat

Nun: You don't believe in God because of Alice in Wonderland?

Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you."

that was some deep shit Meat.....i wanna get a bag of what your puffin :headbang: