Be All You Can Be!

Go Brooke!!!! :clap:

I could not have said it better myself. I would rather spend some of my tax $$$ on helping someone(or country) than the welfare joke we have in this country.

The oil excuse is old and wrong because France and Germany were the ones exchanging blood for oil!! They were against the war because they were the ones getting cheap oil.

Bush was only in office for 8 months and it's his fault? Al gore when running for VP in 92 said "there are 1400 terrorists operating freely in Iraq today" why not do something about it in the 8 YEARS in office!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add, since 9/11 we've only spent like 225 million dollars on homeland security, which more is spent in a week going to the war machine. It certainly shows where the priorities are.

I forgot to add, since 9/11 we've only spent like 225 million dollars on homeland security, which more is spent in a week going to the war machine.  It certainly shows where the priorities are.

we have not had any attacks in a while have we!

Brooke, you need to quit watching the news and open your eyes. I was in Iraq for 13 months. I am a Staff Sergeant in the Army and let me tell you that Lee is right on. I truly believe that Bush does have his own agenda and hopefully Americans will open their eyes at election time. First of all we need to police up our own soil before we go to a country that most of the people dont want us there in the first place. If you hear about Iraqi people that are glad that we are there it was because they just recieved something from us, but on a day to day basis they dont want us there. All Im asking is for you to support your troops and open your eyes to your government. The news isnt right even 50% of the time on the Iraq issue

I talk to a lot of military people and you are from what I have seen in the minority with that opinion.

As far as Brookes comment goes about me not being there or "coming here once a month":

The only further stuff I can post in this thread without kickin up dirt haha is that the HQ is not employment for me. I am here and have been here for years as you all know since day one as the creator/webmaster/systems administrator/technician/moderator/and whatever else is entailed in keeping the HQ going from a functional standpoint. I've never claimed to be a banshee expert from a mechanical standpoint, since I am a computer guy. I was obsessed with my banshee & for that reason, I started the site (and as a place to learn how to fix it myself). The site is for the members and has always been populated and practically controlled by the members.

Running the site from the server it sits on, to the thousands of members, to the security/system updates, etc. etc. takes up a lot of my free time outside of my busy work schedule. As much as I would like to come on and chat with everyone again often, as it is right now, it can only be here & there. :(

As for the stuff I kicked up before:

I, yes, have a very strong opinion about the way things are politcally right now. But that does not mean I don't support our troops and feel for them. I've been thinking lately and came to the conclusion that (as I used to be a draft-dodger-potential) if there ever was a draft, I would choose to go into the Air Force or Navy as an aviator. I've always wanted my aviator license and have considered that if "all else fails" (during the dot com fallout a few years back and the field of work i was in) that I could always join up in the military and get that right to fly. I support the country 100%, but I just hope that when everything is said and done, that what we are doing over there are for the right reasons. And that our troops make it home someday safe and sound so that their families can go on with their lives back in this country.

(BTW, if you ever get the chance to read the book "A People's History of the United States" by the great Howard Zinn, I wholeheartedly recommend it if you want an understanding of why I may feel this way about our political statuses today. NOT from any movie or documentary by Mr. Moore or anyone else)

Thanks for reading if you've got this far in my book.

-Lee

Slowbanshee, Who do you talk to, the people stationed in Kuwait that arent getting shot at everyday, or maybe the public affairs people that just go around and give stuff away. Some of you people that just sit at home and watch the news or sit and talk about it at work with your buddies are so out of the loop. I really feel sorry for you. Lets take care of our country before we try to help a country that has been fucked for 30 years

Brooke you've got your stuff together! I find it hard to believe that some of my fellow Banshee riders are numb-nuts liberals! :lol: I guess if you belive everything you hear on CBS, NBS, and ABS you have to be :( To those who think we should be out of iraq now that we have gotten rid of Saddam, go make and look at WWI, we didnt rebuild Germany and we had WWII on our hands....Then we learned and rebuilt things after WWII and kept the military there, and we didnt have any troulbe from those countries any more....funny how people have forgoten the lessons of the past

I forgot to add, since 9/11 we've only spent like 225 million dollars on homeland security, which more is spent in a week going to the war machine.  It certainly shows where the priorities are.
I forgot to add, since 9/11 we've only spent like 225 million dollars on homeland security, which more is spent in a week going to the war machine.

was thinking about this thread today, and thought back to an after 9/11 investigation done by 60 minutes or some newsline of the sort, where they were in peru or some country like that and get this:

They packaged up a low grade thing of uranium or plutonium or whatever it was that could definitely be used to make one of those "dirty" bombs that dont do the damage a nuclear bomb would do, but do some drastic damage......anyway....

They packaged up this thing inside a chest, got it loaded onto a box truck at some shipping place, traced it to where it was placed into a container, and onto a ship, and into america, unloaded, put on a truck, and to a pick up place where they picked it up.

This was after 9/11 and when they showed the material to the govt, they got in all sorts of trouble and the sort for what they did, but they did it to prove a point. They had the whole thing filmed, all the documentation, everything.

This country needs a change in the way its going. Just like I think it needed a change in the way it was going 4 years ago. Our country was nice and strong four years ago. The stock market was booming and Bill Clinton and the Democrats were letting things run. They were cutting back military, saving money, and knocking off the national debt. All good things for the time being. But the world and the United States is much like a machine. If you just let it run and run without doing maintenance, it will break down. I felt that if it kept going the way it was, we were going to be in trouble. I'm Registered Republican and voted Republican because I believe in the tightening down of the country, pulling in your reigns and cementing yourself as a sturdy structure that will not topple easily. And I felt by voting republican that we would achieve this for 4 to 8 years and then start to let the reigns out again to knock off the rest of the debt and just create more of a peaceful world.

9/11 kind of forced the country to go the way I wanted it to go, but the longer and longer we've gotten away from the date of 9/11, the more I'm seeing that the people in charge have done a poor job of what I feel this country needed to do to earn respect among the world, protect ourselves from the world, and be more self sufficient from the world. I can only imagine if it continued this way for another 4 years. We're talking about 10 commandments being changed and other clutter that just needs to be done away with.

As a republican I will be voting democrat and can only hope that this country takes a turn for the better. I'm tired of having puppets for presidents, and dont know how much better Kerry would be, I just wish someone would step up and tell the world how it is and what needs to be done.

I'll get off my soapbox now.....

They packaged up a low grade thing of uranium or plutonium or whatever it was that could definitely be used to make one of those "dirty" bombs that dont do the damage a nuclear bomb would do, but do some drastic damage......anyway....

They packaged up this thing inside a chest, got it loaded onto a box truck at some shipping place, traced it to where it was placed into a container, and onto a ship, and into america, unloaded, put on a truck, and to a pick up place where they picked it up.

This was after 9/11 and when they showed the material to the govt, they got in all sorts of trouble and the sort for what they did, but they did it to prove a point. They had the whole thing filmed, all the documentation, everything.

I seen that. They made customs and everyone else who didnt do there job look like dumbass's.

Edited by FORMULASPEED

Dude, I was in Iraq for a year and some change..I thank my friends and family every fucking day that I'm still alive. Bush is an asshole president, a war mongering fool and the Iraqi's are a bunch of inconsiderate bastards that can't see a good opertunity to get their shit together and do something with their country.....instead they blow up people that I know. I don't support the war..I don't support our government It's all bullshit and people need to wake up and realize this..our rights are being raped in the name of national security. Look around you and tell me this isn't true.