1/4 Mile drag?

Titanium

I haven't run a full 1/4 pass, but the track we run on is 500ft. Went 6.30s at close to 80 mph. 15/42 gearing, ran out of gear way before the traps. That would be 7.30-7.50 in the 1/8. You need a whole lot of gear to run a 1/4. Prolly be best to run 22in tires.

Sorry guys that was supposed to be 14/42 on that post,( and that was way too low) went back and looked at notes. I'm running 16/41 now but haven't been back to the dragstrip. Just riding sandpits and trails with 20in. Honda radials that hook up like a big dog. Top end is good and still geared low enuff for playing...

We only get to run 1/8th mile passes around here too, but when you are at the lights about to launch, the end of the track looks a long way away. I am having problems launching my bike, keeping the front end down, and not hitting nuetral between my first and second gear shifts. I guess I need some rz forks and a modified shit star. With pipes only and dirt tires, I ran a 8.83@73mph. Of course, that was with a good launch and no missed shifts. The fastest thing there was a turbo crotch rocket that ran a 5.38@130mph I think. The fastest car was a sick 5.0 with a big shot of nitrous. It ran a 5.5@122mph. Fastest banshee that I got to see run ran a 7.2@88mph. It was loud as hell. When I get my cylinders back, I want to run in the 8.3-8.5 range.

Edited by roosthrower