WTF! not starting

Stuff

Hey guys, need a little help or an idea. Haven't been on the shee in about two weeks and hopped on her tonight for a quick ride and nothin. Last time I was out riding it ran great. It has always started with a kick or two.

I went through the regular routine....checked gas, turned on gas, checked other fluids, turned on kill switch and key. Kicked her over a few times first with no choke then with choke and nothin. Walked away for a bit and then tried a few minutes later. I pulled the plugs (set has been in there a while but jetting may be a tick on the rich side from my observations) and threw in some new ones....no change. Checked for spark and there is plenty of that.

I did do a compression test (wide open throttle) a few weeks ago with two different gauges and was not happy with the results :huh: 60psi exactly on each cylinder. Same thing tonight when I did it. This is also where I'm confused cuz it ran and started fine many times between now and when I did my mods. Over the winter I pulled the head and had it shaved .030" and reinstalled it with a new head gasket. Right away I could feel the results in the kicker and even now it feels the same. At the same time I installed a set of new PTR mid range pipes and silencers, modded the airlid and rejetted. I'm very pleased with the increased power and performance and it so much better than stock! But the compression has me thinking.... At only 60psi the thing should not run good at all if at all. Could the compression thing be with the rings or the reeds???? Its a 2002 with an untouched motor other than what I mentioned above.

I believe if it started right now it would run great.....maybe I flooded it :wacko: . But I still would like to know what's up with my compression results. Any thoughts or suggestions from you guys will be greatly aprreciated.

the three major reasons a banshee wont start are spark , fuel and compression .. so if u have spark and u have compression.. it's a problem with your carbs.. if u are running stock carbs most likly the choke tube (connects the carbs) is not in place .. id start there see what happens .. if not that check your reeds make sure they arent cracked and they are seating properly if u have the first two (spark , compression ) then its the fuel ..

60psi is rough my buddies was on 30psi in cylinder 1... still started and ran like a mofo.. he just ripped open the motor for a big overhaul... and there was one ring missing and the piston was cracked... nasty stuff but hey whatever works