flattrack help

sparkzilla

I have been short track racing my quadzilla for a little while now. But I want to start with my banshee. I am just looking for any advice that I can get. I ran it last week with stock raptor tires and I got second place in the b class. I am not a begginer to this style of racing just to it on a shee. any tips would be great. Thanks Rob

i race short track on a banshee and it shouldnt be to differant than on that zilla just make sure you have a shortened swingarm.. about 2 or 3 inches cut off..you know all the basics like swaybar, lowered, all that good stuff and make sure on loose tracks you dont punch the throttle on the exit corners b/c all you will do is spiiiin roll on the throttle and thats pretty much all i can think of that you need to do differant

Thanks i haven't had this banshee very long and I need to get some more sprockets. Will cheap ones be ok? My zilla eats cheap ones so I only run sidewinder on it but man they are high. I have everything I need except for sprockets and 10"rear wheels. I have tons of tires from already racing. I never realized that 10" banshee wheels are so hard to find used. Thanks again

just take out the link in the bottom and bolt the shock to the swingarm directly then weld a top bracket for the shock on the top two rails of the frame so that the shock is laid down alittle more im tellin i believe it was proquad101 that had the picks on this forum before in the spring thats where i got the idea and it works like crazy. my banshee never hooked up like this before even after motor work. Put it this way after i did this on my banshee, first holeshot the thing threw right on my back.

anyone have a pic of this????i just race once a yr .. here in town so i don't wanna do alot of work just looking to make it lil lower with out using straps.... i seen somewhere i can put lt80 shocs on front that will lower the front

I'm in the middle of moving but when I get it done I will back with you guys with some pics and all info on the direct link shock. If you set yours up like mine you will like it. :headbang: