cpi inframe vs. rocket

should i get cpi's anyone have anything negative to say about them. or should i stick to something more mainstream like tommy, fmf, etc. i have a stock 04 banshee. maybe t6's and leave everything else stock exept the airbox and rejetting is the way to go

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly.. what kind of riding are u gonna be doing .. pipe choice is like picking shoes .. would u see a construction worker wearing penny loafers? what kind of riding do u plan on doing? once this is know there are many choices and mainly it's rider preference ..

Edited by reas11

go CPIs, or rockets, youll need some bottom end

no offence josh but rockets and cpi are drag pipes if hes gonna be riding trails there are better choices .. like fatties, ptr mid or high revs , pro circuits .. t-5 even arent a bad choice .

None taken, i dont know shit about rocket pipes, but um CPIs seemes to have quite a bit of bottom end, i used to dune with em and was right there with my buddys, with 4 strokes and toomeyd,fmfd shees, then wed go to the road and id beat them by who knows how long, cpis are good all around and can be a great bottom end pipe with v force and a lil compression, im a dragger now though and run outframe cpis

dont forget about the sst. for the type of riding you are talking about the sst or toomey T5 sounds like a good choice.

what ever you do dont use clamp on k&n filters though. If you hold a well oiled K&N filter up to the light you can see all kinds of little holes that leak dirt into your motor. You may gain 1.5 hp or so over a foam filter but when you loose the edge on your rings you will loose like 2 or 3 hp so you loose in the end and you loose engine life. I personally would never use a K&N filter on a 2 stroke off road motor. I just dont believe in them I know lots of people use them but Ive seen so much evidence that they are not good protection for your motor and I want to take care of my motor... from the experience I have had. Go foam!!!

dont forget about the sst. for the type of riding you are talking about the sst or toomey T5 sounds like a good choice.

what ever you do dont use clamp on k&n filters though. If you hold a well oiled K&N filter up to the light you can see all kinds of little holes that leak dirt into your motor. You may gain 1.5 hp or so over a foam filter but when you loose the edge on your rings you will loose like 2 or 3 hp so you loose in the end and you loose engine life. I personally would never use a K&N filter on a 2 stroke off road motor. I just dont believe in them I know lots of people use them but Ive seen so much evidence that they are not good protection for your motor and I want to take care of my motor... from the experience I have had. Go foam!!!

nick i agree with u .. we are both gonna take some heat for saying it .. but i feel foam is a better choice .

I use and sell rocket pipes, because after I tried then, I couldnt beleieve the difference they made. They are not necessarily drag pipes though, they do have that reputation though. Sure you may get some more low end out of PT high revs, but the difference is not all that great. You just gotta learn to keep your "R"'s up, and you wont even tell the difference. Trust me, even with the 34mm carbs I have, I cant keep the front end of a relatively stock rz350 motor (in my banshee) on the ground with these pipes.

I think they're both very high quality. Comparing the two, you couldn't go wrong either way, they're both nice. I don't really have much experience with hi-rev/drag pipes, but I think it's a tossup. I'd personally love to have a set of Rockets, but I'd also like a set of PT mids. Hmm, I think I need a couple more banshees to play with...

BTW, reas sells Grand River Racing pipes and not any of the pipes discussed in this post and I don't think anyone here would lie for a sell nor do I believe they make much money of of bhq members.