Toomey 2-1

madden

How much larger if any should i up the mains when instaling the 2-1? I have 340s, 4th clip and 27.5 pilots. It sputters bad before the power but then hauls ass. The motor has a slight overbore with SST pipes rest is all stock. I was running 320s with no lid and ran good. I can drop the needle ,loose the sputter but also loose performance. Please help. :wacko:

How much larger if any should i up the mains when instaling the 2-1? I have 340s, 4th clip and 27.5 pilots. It sputters bad before the power but then hauls ass. The motor has a slight overbore with SST pipes rest is all stock. I was running 320s with no lid and ran good. I can drop the needle ,loose the sputter but also loose performance. Please help. :wacko:

You may have to go up 1 or 2 sizes for filter, but not much. I don't think that will help hesitation before the powerband, but I could be wrong. The needle is the biggest factor there.

I don't know if dropping the needle is what you need. Are you at WOT when the sputter occurs before the powerband, or at mid throttle? It sounds like 340 could be a tad rich that's why I'm asking. Have you run a wot plug check to see the color of the plugs, that will ultimately tell you where the problem lies. I'd say throw some 330s and see if it clears up.

Edited by sredish

If i stab the throttle it clears up but if you try to hold it before the power it just gurgles and shit. I think i might drop the mains a size or two. Last ride i went on the dirtier the filter got the worse it got. Thanks guys.