trouble ???

ok sence i got my shee going , it starts up easy (1st or 2nd kick) and runs very strong but when it warms up it like it starts missng in upper rpms and dosnt want to hit the power band hard .this thing will sit and idle all day long and low speeds are not a problem . what yall think ? i think its jeting .

oh and it has toomey pips and sil. , 80 over with wisecos , bored carbs , k&n clamp ons , timing advance , ricky stator , and boost bootle . it has 300 mains now .

josh

Edited by SHEEDAISY

ok sence i got my shee going , it starts up easy (1st or 2nd kick) and runs very strong but when it warms up it like it starts missng in upper rpms and dosnt want to hit the power band hard

do you have to use the choke for a cold start? I'm thinking this could be a needle issue. this bogging will occur at full throttle, 1/2 throttle, or when?

Could be jetting (sounds like the mains is where the problem is), but it also could be a cracked reed or the coil starting to fail. You can use the choke trick to see if it's just lean on the jetting; warm it up and pop the choke out to the first notch, if it runs better and doesn't miss (or not as bad), try a size or two larger main and see how it runs (with the choke off). Good luck.

Could be jetting (sounds like the mains is where the problem is), but it also could be a cracked reed or the coil starting to fail.  You can use the choke trick to see if it's just lean on the jetting; warm it up and pop the choke out to the first notch, if it runs better and doesn't miss (or not as bad), try a size or two larger main and see how it runs (with the choke off).  Good luck.

Hey Ben, is that a general test that I can do to determine if I am running too lean? The reason I am asking is I am at 260 mains right now with moderate mods...I was planning on trying up to 300 mains....So if I pull the choke out just to the 1st position and it runs better it needs more fuel...And if if its worse? Too lean?

its not really a bog really , it just dosnt want to seem to go into power band . i tried turning the air screws in a hafe a turn and it seemed like it helped .

the plugs are a brownish color . im no expert in ready plugs or jeting . i think i will try adjusting the needle to see if that helps . i would have already bought bigger mains but none of the shops around me have big enuff jets for my needs . :angry:

josh