Southwick Nationals Pictures

Lee

As I promised I would, I snapped a few pics at Sunday's MX Pro-Nationals in Southwick, MA. We got there at 9:00am, we didn't get the pit passes, but it was still a great day!

I only got a few good pics but I've picked out some of the ones that weren't blurry or of riderless dirt.

Evan_Laughridge.jpg

Evan Laughridge

Greg_Schnell.jpg

Greg Schnell

James_Stewart.jpg

James Stewart - I would have snapped a better picture but this kid is too fast for the camera!!!

Nate_Ramsey.jpg

Nathan Ramsey

Starting_Gate.jpg

And they're off

I've got some pic to but need to get them developed. I wish i would have seen you there, I was lookin for the HQ shirt everywhere but no luck. Maybe next time, I'll atempt to post some of the pics i got. One of those disposeable cameras that comes with a disc, I'll have to have you walk me through the posting process. :cheers:

I watched the races on espn2 today. Stewart is unstopable. He took first in both motos and looked faster than half the 250 class riders. Carmicheal is just as unstopable as Stewart in the 250 class. Carmicheal could win on any bike, two or four stroke. I think Reed would be faster on his yz250 that he won the supercross title on. He seems to ride the two stroke more aggressivly than the 450 that he is riding outdoors. That track got rough quick. I wanna try riding southwick. I looks like it would be a blast on four wheels since the track is so sandy.

I wanna try riding southwick. I looks like it would be a blast on four wheels since the track is so sandy.

Southwick does ATV races as well:

Next Saturday (June 27) there will be quad racing there. I'd like to get down there & see them, but I'm not sure if the schedule will allot for that.

http://www.moto338.com

-Lee

yeah no doubt. I can post some tires, dirt, fence, and of course when I DO get a shot of someone in the pits their head is turned away. so no one believes me when I say..."yeah that's Carmichael."

At the 2002 Southwick Nationals I got a couple of these, but in one you can see it's who i say it is. lol. The Carmichael one you'd have to take my word on.

carmichael1.jpg

henry2.jpg

yea i watched the races on ESPN too. Always did like the Southwick sand track, glad to see the quads are racing it now too. Last years race was the first time they held a GNC at Southwick and this year was the first year they held a GNC at Glen Helen in 15 years, so the quad racing is finally coming along.

Lap times around Southwick were right around 2 minutes even...... Stewart was doing 1.55 second laps. five full seconds faster... :whoa: