Vp Gas

i am new to the forum, and i was basically kicked out of the ATVsport forums for riding a a non 4 stroke so i am here hope to have friendy responses, anyways my question is can i run on VP gas on my shee with the jets that come along the TR6 kit or do i have to modify the carbs or jets again? a toomey tech support told me that it would loose power with the vp but never said why.

thanks

If your head is stock and you dont have any other compression mods, yeah it will most likely run like crap on straight race gas. Thats because its such high octane the motor wont be able to burn it all, just run anywhere between 93 octane and a 93 octane and race gas mix, but I wouldnt waste the money on race gas on a stock shee.

Tats your wrong... if your running 160psi and have the timing advanced you will have detonation. It depends on what mods you have and how the head is cut or who did the domes as well as any timing advance.

I've run nothing but CAM2 or C12 in my Banshee strait since it was new. Even when the motor was stock. You will not loose power. I don't think its nessesary but it seems to run better to me. I ran 93 in it one time and it sem to load up. I now run MR6 gas. You don't have to change anything with the cabs. Try it and see if you like it. if you don't, no big deal just don't buy it anymore. its not that expensive when you mix it 50% anyway. At least your bile won't smell like a lawnboy anymore.

I've run nothing but CAM2 or C12 in my Banshee strait since it was new. Even when the motor was stock. You will not loose power.  I don't think its nessesary but it seems to run better to me. I ran 93 in it one time and it sem to load up. I now run MR6 gas. You don't have to change anything with the cabs. Try it and see if you like it. if you don't, no big deal just don't buy it anymore. its not that expensive when you mix it 50% anyway. At least your bile won't smell like a lawnboy anymore.

I agree 100 % with you ... Won't hurt the bike any at all. But won't see any High gains in power.. It will burn cleaner which in turn makes motor run cooler..Also less carbon buildup.. I think some people on here think there Engine builders by some of the replys..You ask a question to a performance shop and a 14 year old gives you a wild answer.. Go figure :shootself:

If your head is stock and you dont have any other compression mods, yeah it will most likely run like crap on straight race gas. Thats because its such high octane the motor wont be able to burn it all,

:yank:

Edited by wansomordis

• 4 weeks later...

i dont think it will ever hurt a motor to run an ultra high grade fuel, but 110's like 5 bucks a gallon around here, that's just too expensive if youre runnin more than 100 yards at a time. at least for me, but if bill gates rode quads........hmmmmmm.....................