Air Shifter's

bansha60

i just took one off my bike,they are very high maint. do not put one on if you do any kind of racing where you have to run back to back runs.make sure the connectors on your battery wires will take being pulled on and off for charging.it is tottally unnatural to shift with your thumb after living on a banshee and shifting with your foot.they are very high maint.

If you have a knowledge in pneumatics, and access to materials, you can make a damn nice air shifter. With little to no maintenance.... A cylinder with a rod wiper, (not to be taken the wrong way..) and make sure it is sealed up. Then, get yourself a 9 oz. CO2 bottle. That will run you ALOT of shifts. A soleoid, a battery, with the proper quick disconnect terminals, and you're all set. I can bring a set of good connectors for you if you want Nyuk, if you're going to make coalfest. The air cylinders and what not, well, that is application specific.... I had an air shifter on one of my street bikes.... Worked like a champ..... Rain, dust, all the elements.. Never bothered it.... And as for the battery situation, as long as your not running a PVL style ignnition, why don't you charge the battery off the bike's stator???? B)

there is a total kit in a book that i can get for 200 bucks. I was gonna get it and use it for coalfest next weekend, but i'm not too sure yet how well its gonna work. I might just leave my drag shee at home cause its being anal I cant get my alcky carbs set right i used to use meth, and its not liking alcky, and now it misses a little on alcky?..I'll figure it out, might just take my other shee and see how well it does, just got a simple stroker motor in it