Tranny ?

I'am in the process of putting the cases back together. Put the gears in shift checked and it went through all 6 gears.

spun the shaft and it wouldn't up shift to 3. spun the shaft some more and it went into 3, 4 but not 5. couple more spins hit 5 and 6. down shifted and couldn't get 4. some more spins got 4 and 3 stoped at 2 and so on.

Is this normal or did I screw it up royaly. I've been playing with this for an hour now. Some please help me. Yes this is the first time I split the cases. Thanks

Got the shift forks properly seated? I had a little fun getting mine back together too but once they were seated properly on the gear clusters it worked fine again.

If you didn't take the clusters apart and you're sure they're seated correctly with the half clips in the cases, it might be the shift forks, possibly not seated correctly or bent.

As far as the shift forks I never touched them and there not bent. All I did was remove the mainshaft and countershaft and changed the oil seals.

Everything spins fine and shifts ok. It just seems that the gears are all spining at different rpms and at certain points the dogs are not lined up with the holes and it won't go into gear unless I spin them to a point that they line up.

Was this sorta the same problem you had?