What Type And Size Of Carbs

I'm ready to spend some money on some carbs, But I am really unsure of what size and type to get. You can see my mods in my signature, and I don't really plan on doing much more to it that will drastically change the engine other than freshening up the top end. Do I want 30mm D slides, 33mm pwk's, airstrykers...what's the best recommendation, and what will my gains be versus cost. I've read some of the back posts, but the more I read, the more I get confused..banghead

Edited by dnhyoung

35mm pwk's or 34mm mikunis or 34mm pjs. You will not be sorry. I have a 4mil stroker and I couldn't believe the difference from 28mm flats to the 35mm pwks. I gained all the way around.

I believe Banchetta had the same experience.

Edited by fixitrod

35mm pwk's or 34mm mikunis or 34mm pjs. You will not be sorry. I have a 4mil stroker and I couldn't believe the difference from 28mm flats to the 35mm pwks. I gained all the way around.

what type of intake and air filters are you running with this set-up??

33 pwk...just installed some on a friends banshee and i couldnt believe it the difference that it made....but ive never rode one with 34 or 35 mm

what type of intake and air filters are you running with this set-up??

I run Grand River Racing intakes and an airbox. The easiest way is pod filters though.

Can someone explain to me why it would help you out to get a bigger carb.? I have a ported and polished shee with pipes +3 timing on my plate. I always thought (just my thought) that it only needs to get gas what else could boost power with a bigger carb. also, does it burn alot more gas this way too? Thanks for any input here! ;)

Every motor is different. If you engine requires more fuel to run at peak performance for the porting you have you will notice gains. It probably will use more fuel.. but it needs to for the performance.

Here's an example. Do you think a 2 barrel carb will work on a big drag car the same as a couple 850 double pumpers. It still gets fuel with the 2 barrel... but it won't run right.

Can someone explain to me why it would help you out to get a bigger carb.?

You can pump plenty of gas througha stock carb for pretty decent mods by way of huge jets. a lot of the problem with smaller carbs is airflow. if you get too much gas, you will just bog the motor down. bigger carbs=more gas+more air=more power. This is the basics in a nutshell.