Shee Wont Start!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another note, i have spark on both sides.... i have only 1 carb (trinity single carb setupd) so i know that there isnt a problem with that.. i am FOR SURE getting fuel... cause I even tried quick start fluid.. solid spark on both ends, i will try new plugs tomarrow.. when I kick it over, it sounds kindof hollow...i dunoo what thats all about, but you know how when you have your plugs out and you kick it...it sounds like that.. i noticed gasoline right in front of the left plug on the head.. is there a seal thats bad??

nope, the wire was solid... not only soldered, but also crimped closed.. tomarrow after work i will check ALL of the wires, but i dont see how a bad wire would cause no start... it seems like it has to be engine related. i have the spark, if a wire was bad i wouldnt would i???

does it kick real easy.. yeah if you have spark wires should be ok if anything it should try to start... just maybe not run if you have a broken wire after the spark...almost sounds like compression then if you spray ether in it and it don't fire...maybe try pull starting it .. if you get going fast enough maybe it will fire...hell might be flooded now maybe you need to take put the plugs and let it sit over night and see if it might dry out???

Edited by bansheefreak

I would try pull/push starting it as well. Did you wash it recently? I used to get water in the cdi and it would cause a weak spark for a few hours. Wouldn't start unless I pushed it...no matter how hard I could kick. Finally the cdi stayed this way with a weak spark and then I replaced it. There are ways to test the spark that I can't recall. It should be bright blue and spark with ease (turning over kicker by hand with plugs out). It might also be all kinds of flooded like mentioned before. Either way you should get a compression tester to keep an eye on your top end. Hope this helps.

Ya, ive been thinking of getting one... my dad told me not to waste my money on it, but back then I had no reason for it really.. Now I do. Also I left my plugs out all last night, so hopefully it dries out today. As for strong spark, its as strong as its ever been... its bright blue, sparks everytiem i push the lever by hand, there was a little gas on top of the head by the left plug hole and when i kicked it over that lit on fire.. :whoa:

I also noticed that when I took the plugs out, they were covered in gas.. If that means its flooded then there ya go, but I have no idea if thats how its supposed to be or not.

So....something else is up, maybe its flooded...who knows. But I will pick up a set of fresh plugs today as well, and then by the time i get home from work it will probably be as dry as it gets.

Any other comments are appreciated, i will check back in around 11:00 am EST

When you pulled the intakes, how did the reeds look? :wacko: Sounds like you flooded it, and/or doesn't have the compression to start. Also, STOP USING STARTING FLUID ON A TWO STROKE. If you need to use starting fluid to get your bike to fire up, something is wrong. My guess is that you mentioned you have used starting fluid before. You prolly have low compression. :whoa: Try pull starting it. but, you need to get a compression guage....... And your stator could be weak...

Edited by boonman

will i get an accurate reading from what I did??

I had both spark plugs out, put it on the left, and kicked it over.. engine wasnt "hot" like the directions said.. but how the hell is it gonna be hot if it wont start! bangheadbanghead

Another note, after I kicked it over like 5 times (to get the max compression) on the left, i pulled the guage off, and a small amount of smoke was coming out of the hole.. is that normal??

Pretty soon this thread will turn into, who does nice port work =(

when i had the head off i looked at the sleeves, they looked excellent! no mark where the piston stops, the pistons looked good.. WHY ME!!!!