Will 28 Mm Help Alot

I just bought a set of 28 pwks taper bored to 30mm and I'd say they give more than 2 HP. Its not just a little bigger its a better carb all the way around. It starts on the 1st kick now wich my stockers only did when nobody was around. You can get them on ebay from cpw for around 200.00 wich I think is a bigger gain than a set of v-force reeds for the same price. If you planned on building a stroker motor you may want to hold out for a bigger set though.

I"m running a stroker and don't notice any more than 2hp. In fact, I have the dyno charts to prove it....If you can't start it w/ stock carbs, then you have to rejet..Starting a shee has nothing to do w/ carb size....As for the water problems, caps, and nuts on the bowls....that is a good reason to swap.. :clap:

Edited by Banchetta

I spent about 20 hours rejetting each carb separately on the dyno and in the field...I seen huge gains w/ different reed cages more than the carbs...the carbs were more noticable on the bottom than the top...The larger carbs work the best w/ a stroker....Maybe your shee is jetted better w/ the kiehins or closer to perfect jetting than the stockers.....The stock carbs are a really excellent carb...People just think bigger is better, but thats not always the case....W/o porting I lost hp w/ larger carbs......Heres last years dynos for my mods in my signature....

yes - i love dynos! great help! hopefully my stroker motor with bored stockers will be nice - ill post pics when i get it dynoed

Minkia, get some 34 or 35's depending on what throttle range you ride mostly in....You'll notice a huge difference in the low end...I have low end porting and the larger carbs still kicked ass, not as much on top, but on the bottom.....

2hp on top isn't to noticeable, but 2-4hp on the bottom is really noticeable since you only have about 20hp to start w/ at 4000rpms....To most people, who cares, but I like to squeeze every hp I can from my shee....Why spend $1500 into a stroker and intake mods to gain 10hp, then hold back $300 for a set of carbs for another 2hp......