Greese Zerks.

I know its not a banshee but its kinda the same, I need to know where all I should put greese zerks on my blaster to keep everything lubed up.

Also what size drill bit, and if there are diffrent size zerks what size of those and im guessing I could get that at any auto parts or hardwear store?

Any information and pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Edited by Trick2stroke

I put 'em everywhere. The easiest ones to install go ito a 1/4" hole. You drill a hole, insert the zirk and then put a 1/4" deep socket over it and hammer it in with a couple hard hits with a hammer. Takes a couple minutes and they're only 29 cents each.

I went with the 6mm ones, just because that's what was already on my shee. I'm not familiar with the blaster, but I would match whatever is there, If there are any factory zerks. I also found stainless zerks online for only $.80 each

Edited by dnhyoung

I've got a question about grease zerks myself. I just bought a brand new, fairly nice, grease gun from the local hardware store and the only two grease zerks I've tried using it on, ended up ripping completely out of the a-arms, and I had to buy two new zerks. I was wondering if there was a certain gun I needed to buy, I was told that it should work, but obviously it's not. The gun is almost too tight around the zerks and pulls them right out, no matter which angle you pull back off of. Did I just buy a shitty gun or what?? thanks

I've got a question about grease zerks myself. I just bought a brand new, fairly nice, grease gun from the local hardware store and the only two grease zerks I've tried using it on, ended up ripping completely out of the a-arms, and I had to buy two new zerks. I was wondering if there was a certain gun I needed to buy, I was told that it should work, but obviously it's not. The gun is almost too tight around the zerks and pulls them right out, no matter which angle you pull back off of. Did I just buy a shitty gun or what?? thanks

I've had this same problem. What I found was that I had grease zerks that were partially plugged with dirt/sand, and when you put pressure from the grease gun on them, the grease gun doesn't want to release since it is now pressurized since it can't inject the grease into the fitting, and you end up wiggling it side-to-side to remove it, until the grease either shoots out around the fitting, or just breaks off!!! :cry:

I removed all of my zerks, replaced them with Stainless ones, then bought some of the caps that matched my bike to keep the grime out of them. Haven't had any problems since. :clap:

for the grease gun issue the tip of it should be adjustable. the tip can be screwed tighter or losser try to losen it up a little bit if it pops off while your pumpinig then tighten it up a little more. as for adding zerks i wouldnt. if they aint there from the factory then it dont need to bee greased

[quote name=

I removed all of my zerks' date=' replaced them with Stainless ones, then bought some of the caps that matched my bike to keep the grime out of them. Haven't had any problems since. :clap: [/quote]

I would like to see them caps,.. Send me a link so I can check Em out....Thanks

Yeah I broke the very first zirk that I tried to grease off the banshee. banghead My problem wasn't a clogged zirk though, they shouldn't get clogged; the spring loaded valve seals it off. Just wipe the zirk with a rag before you put the grease hose on the zirk. My problem was that I just pumped a little too much grease into the bearing. The air will excape around the seal but not the grease and when you presurize the grease gun hose too much and no more grease will go into the bearing it becomes stuck. I just wiggle it around to break the grease gun tip's seal on the zirk, a little grease comes out releaving the pressure and it comes right off. You have to be patient when pulling the gun tip off and also not over do it when pumping in the grease. Similar to satisfiying your woman rather than a self satisfying quicky. ;)

what size drill and tap do you use for those 6mm ones?

If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was a 13/64. Any decent automotive parts shop should be able to cross reference the drill size or have a cheat sheet. I bet one of the machinists on here would know.........

Anyone....

Anyone..........

Anyone.............