Jetting With New Mix Ratio?

gurny

Right now i run 28-1 with regular tcw-3 oil. Noting special to it, but now i m getting amzoil synthetic and its recomended mix ratio is 50-1. Will this effect my jetting??? If so what should I change?? With my mods Im running 300 mains 30 pilots and needle in the stock position at sea level 50- 70 degrees.

Just go down 1-2 on your mains and adjust screws.

Check this page out Banshee FAQ on Jetting

According to that cheat sheet I am supposed to be running around 330's but I am running at 50:1 and I am running 300's. Runs Great!

Hope this helps

Dustin

Edited by Foobie

Before you go changing your mains and all, just run it with the 50-1 mixture and see how it runs, if you don't notice it running bad or missing at all, leave it alone. I honestly don't imagine you'll need to change your jetting at all, so just leave it alone and run the new oil. If after a few rides, it doesn't seem all there, you might need to adjust.

But going down on your mains does not make any sense. The reason I say this is your new fuel mixture will be leaner, so why would you then jet leaner. The difference in oil your using is so minor in the whole scheme of things that it shouldn't really be affected. If you are really concerned, a plug check will tell all. Period.

sredish,

When you go from 32:1 to 50:1 you have more fuel then oil. 50 parts fuel to 1 part oil. So you are richening.

If you have, let's just say, 320 mains and you are running 32:1 then you switch to 50:1 you are getting more fuel and less oil, so you're richening your jetting without adding a larger main. So you should go down 1-2 depending on plug chop. Hope that makes sense.

Although like you said it is a small amount in the grand scheme. Think about it like this. You have 32oz of gas to dilute 1oz of oil. Then you take that same 1oz of 50oz of gas. So you are spreading the oil out over more fluid. Now you are leaning out the oil, but when people talk about leaning or richening a mixture out they are usually talking about the ratio of GAS TO AIR. Oil is not in the equation but it does effect that gas to air mixture. But you should not adjust your jetting by adjusting your ratio. You should pic the ratio that gives you the best performance/protection and then jet to that.

Dustin

Edited by Foobie
  • Like 1