Why More Power At 3/4 Throttle Than Full Throttle?

mrmatt

You guys have the right idea...Keep going up until your brown....You'll notice some more pull on top as well and the motor will be safer....This is why jetting is so hard and makes it such an art....By the time you get done, you'll learn so much about jetting and your shee....The results are priceless... :rolleyes:

Keep us updated.  I'm having the exact same issue with my 35mmCV.  I've gone from 175 to 190 with no difference and I think they only go up to 230.  I'm gonna snag a 195 and 200 today to try.  I figure I'll go rich till the plugs go brown.

Just as an FYI, I'm at 220 and have no internal work done, so your not totally crazy. I'm just trying to figure out what to do when I get my port work done, may be drilling some mains. :unsure: I'm not sure if you can get bigger mains directly from Sudco, maybe so.

Just follow the plugs lead. They will tell you what they want. Let us know where you end up.

Scott

Edited by sredish

Sorry to bring this old post back up to the top, but I wanted to give an update to those that helped me out.

I put in 380's and the plugs were still tan. As a sanity check I went down the rode a 1/4 mile or so, put in a new plug, and rode back to the house at wot. I cut the plug open and had a very, very small amount of color on the base of the porcelein, which confirms that I am still lean. Not wanting to head back to town for more jets I put my airbox lid back on. It ran a little rough on top and the plugs were brown after a wot 6th gear run. The lid threw off the rest of my jetting, but at least it got the main close.

Next I tried 430's w/out the lid. It ran about the same as it did with the 380's but I picked up some color on the plugs. Not quite as dark as I want them, but close. This time the right plug was darker than the left. On all previous runs both plugs looked the same.

I lost 5 psi of compression during Roostfest. I have lost another 15 psi since then. So it is time for a rebuild. I wanted to get the jetting right before I rebuilt the motor, but I think that the worn out rings might be messing with my jetting.

KRMit, how is your compression?