All Of A Sudden... No Clutch?

I bought my budds ol' shee. He put a new clutch in it about 4 months ago. I got the bike a week ago :D . THe clutch itself grips and holds GREAT and hard. But it all of a sudden it has nothing at my lever??? banghead the cable isn't f-ed up, it's moving the lil spring type deal down on the motor, but it's like i'm never pulling in the clutch when i do? :cry:

PLEASE HELP!!!! need to take to track for the first time!!!

man same thing happened to me a while back, tore it down and found nothing wrong with clutch and all of its componets. put it back together and checked my oil and the ho had low oil from the begining((i tipped it on its side while checking clutch so no oil would drip out). For me it was my oil level.

I had the same problem I thought I had welded the rod to the ball that operates the clutch so I was scared to take it apart. Took off my side case and everything looked fine but the clutch basically fell off in my hand. Turns out I had sheared the little lock tab off of the washer for the nut that holds the clutch boss on, the nut unscrewed, it was under $2.00 to get a new washer but it ruined a weekend of riding. I think the Clymers says to replace the washer everytime you take the clutch off or to inspect it or something, I'd tell you what page to look on but I don't have it with me sorry. Good luck.

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I DID? i have the side cover off, as far as i can tell it's ok, nothing fell out or nothin. I guess that i'll take the round bell housing off and go from there.... :shootself: