Legalize It

Id like to know what the guy who said kids who smoke pot do bad in school is basing that on?

The kids who do bad in school, would be doing just as bad if they didnt smoke up.... Out of all the people at all the parties ive been to (i have 2 months left of highschool, a lot of parties) 9 out of 10 people will smoke up.

Included in that are my stepbrother, same age as me, with very high 90s for an average, 98ish im pretty sure in seinor highschool.... weed doesent make people retarted. Its all about regulation, if i go get right high to the point where i think im on a movie set and my house is all futuristic, sure i will be a bit slow the next day but that goes away. But if i smoke just enough to get a nice little high going on then when i sober up im back to normal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to know what the guy who said kids who smoke pot do bad in school is basing that on?

The kids who do bad in school, would be doing just as bad if they didnt smoke up.... Out of all the people at all the parties ive been to (i have 2 months left of highschool, a lot of parties) 9 out of 10 people will smoke up.

Included in that are my stepbrother, same age as me, with very high 90s for an average, 98ish im pretty sure in seinor highschool.... weed doesent make people retarted. Its all about regulation, if i go get right high to the point where i think im on a movie set and my house is all futuristic, sure i will be a bit slow the next day but that goes away. But if i smoke just enough to get a nice little high going on then when i sober up im back to normal.

This is why it should be legalized. People won't even believe the research on the stuff. Let the dopers smoke their brains away. When they are overweight, and unemployed, they still will say it's not the pots fault....

Let them smoke it, but make it mandatory for UA tests for welfare. No Welfare money for you if THC is in your stream!!!! It just means higher paying jobs, and more of them, for ME!!!!!!!!!! I've had too many friends go down that path. But believe what you want, I don't care!!!!!!!!!!! What ever makes me better than others is fine with me.. Hell Crank is good too, try it. Legalize it for all I care. Just don't come around my house when your looking for something to steal.... Make it legal to shoot the bastards that are on your property. That will really weed em out!!!

So for all means SMOKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BitchenBanshee

Bitch all you want, I guess it's in your name. I don't recall ever having the earge to steal shit while under the influence of Pot, nor anyone I know. Can't say I've ever heard of anyone doing much on pot other than being stoned. DOPE is not pot, DOPE is chemicals, crank, meth, etc. Get your shit strait & watch out for all those thieve potheads. :flush:

No offense, just f*ck'n with ya. But ignorance pisses me off. Just because someone smokes pot here & there doesn't make them a bad person or a thief. Some of the best pot I ever smoked was with someone who works for one of the biggest law firms in KS, hell I know doctors, cops, nurses, school teachers, all kinds of people from all different backgrounds and occupations...doesn't make them bad. It's like saying since I don't like alcohol everyone that drinks it is a fucking no good alcoholic wife-beater...not true, but there are some out there. Same concept...

I'll stop rambling now... :bolt:

Edited by ledofthezep

BitchenBanshee-

I gotta respect your point of view on that.

SoldtheRMforashee-

Your right there are some people who just don't care about their future and nothing will change that. And I am sure that 9 out of the ten people you hang out with will light up. As for my research, the next time you are online go to google and do your own research, I'm sure you know how to do research since you are doing so well in school, I assume in the 90's and you are not "retarted" you will explore both sides of the debate and come to an accurate conclusion. Just remember that a topic like this is going to have extremely biased opinions so take your time, look at studies, tests, surveys and personal testimony of kids/people who have lived it and then get back to me and quetsion my basis for my statement.

Also, I lived it....look at my previous posts. Good friends of mine, 4pt students, athletes good enough to be stellar college stars and even a chance to play at the pro level flushed it all. When did they change, as soon as they got hooked on pot. I've asked them why and they tell me they just don't care about it. They did not enjoy it anyway, they got tired of all the stress, they don't want to be forced to do what society thinks they should've done. Tell you what, I know that before pot Basketball, Football, Track meant a lot to them. They loved there respective sports. They enjoyed competition, they loved to win, they had a work ethic I admired....add pot, no more.

Finally, look at my profile, I am a MX racer. I was good but not pro level. I have no problem admitting that. But a good friend of mine was. Had a full ride with Kawasaki, supportive parents and natural ability I was jealous of. He had it made. His sophmore year somone introduced him to pot. That was 8 years ago. He lost his ride, he trashed his bikes, he doesen't have a job and he still lives at home. He has tried to clean himself up but everytime he starts to train again and starts making progess he falls back. I talked to him 2 weeks ago. He can't even get local support. It was the pot man, no question about it, he changed and won't ever be the same. Even if he beats it that monkey will always be on his back.

PEACE-

RJV

RJV

I didnt say i had marks in the 90s, i hardly consider myself a good student... mid to high 70s this year, but the years before my averages have always been in the 60s and mabye the low 70s.

To the person who said they were sure 9 of the 10 people i hang out with would.... no... i dont know what "parties" you attended but here its pretty much everyone in the older grades, includng people i dont like. (reason number one for not drinking, when i drink i try and fight everyone)

To all the stories about people loosing their sponsorships and skill, i doubt weed was the only cause. I used to be good friends with a guy my entire life, actually if it wasnt for him i wouldent be riding. We both started smokin up the same time, not one year ago, his marks went from the 80s to the 60s, and has changed a lot... to the point where i dont hang out with him anymore. The difference being he went on to bigger drugs, coke being the main one, while i have stuck with weed.

RM-

Based upon your own response, I rest my case. You might want to review your own posts.

As to MY friends who pissed away full rides and pro sponsorships, you don't have a clue. If they went from pot to "bigger" drugs, I would point out that it all started with pot.

You are a prime example of the person who thinks they have it under control. You like the drug and the way it makes you feel so any person that says it has negative effects has got to be wrong. You just told me you weren't a great student, but I bet you could be. It's unfortunate.

Peace and good luck to you in the future.

RJV

Favorite phone code word- pizza The pizza was always sliced in 8 pieces. ;)

If pot was legalized alot of people would grow their own and sell it so there would be now way to tax or regulate it and alcohol sales and taxes would suffer and thats big business for alcohol producers, the stores that sell it, and government alcohol tax revenues. That kinda pull on the politicians pocket will insure statis quos. I think weed is something that you sort of grow out of if you want to be sucessful and productive the same as alcohol. You can more or less make the same negative "it's bad because" arguments with alcohaol as with pot. But its still fun to get drunk or high on a good ocation. As for legalize it? Well I duno. Maybe, but if its illegal then I guess alcohol should be illegal too. I just wish they would decrimilaize pot possession in smaller amounts because there are a lot of decent kids that get in deeeeep shit, including yours truly at one time, even charged with felonies, over rediculously small amounts. :cry:

I said i wasnt a great student, the thing is my marks have gone up scince ive started smoking weed.

Am i saying weed makes you smarter? hell no...

I am going to college in the fall, am i saying im a perfect person? hell no, to tell you the truth at the moment i have a court date next week if i dont give my liscence up for 6 months and go on probation for a year (not drug, or banshee related, road rage related)

I am skilled with my hands, and working with things (no im not just saying that, let me put it this way... i work at one of the local dealers in the serivce department, not cleaning up, but rebuilding motors, sleds, and ATVs.... a dream job to some, but dealing with other peoples mistakes gets old)

Anyways, you said it yourself, you know some people who have balanced their life with weed. I have tried shrooms, and some idiot smoked me up cocopuffs, did i like it? no, am i going to do it again? no... Have people tried to get me to do more things, like E, straight coke, acid... yes, they have put it right in my face and i have declined it.

Am i addicted to weed? no, do i smoke up every night? no, its been almost 2 weeks scince i smoked up. ATM i have better things to spend my money on so i wont unless someone offers.

If it was legalized it would be the same as booze, theres the people who know thier limits and there are other idiots who abuse it... a lot of idiots who abuse it (i voulenteer at a church working in a soup kitchen type deal thing (not court ordered).

It is proven that it coats the nerve receptors in the brain and inhibits thought.

I don't buy that one bit. Keep watching dateline... :yank:

But I see what you're getting too. If you have views that harsh on pot, what's your take on alcohol? I guarantee that alcohol is 10x worse for your body than pot is when abused. You probably never lived with an alcoholic who made your life a living fucking hell for some time in your life either. Honestly, I think it was me getting the shit beat out of me by someone under the influence of alcohol all the time that lead me to smoking pot, I didn't want to be like that person who to me, was the root of all evil. I could get stoned & be happy, at least until I got home. At that point in my life I didn't give a shit, and pot helped me cope with the bullshit I was being put through and didn't deserve.

And I'm far from on welfare. Even through my 'pothead' days I maintained a steady job, worked a 40hr week on top of school since I was a freshman in HS, and I maintained a 3.85gpa(f*ck Math!)...graduated ranking 3rd in my class. I'm still in college finishing up my Business Administration degree. Everything I have I've gotten on my own. I've had no financial assistance from my parents since I was in HighSchool. My point is, pot is something you can do without fucking up your life...if all someone wants to do is sit around, be lazy, & smoke pot; they have that choice. I still toke down a bit here & there, but I've never felt like I needed it or ever, ever had any problems stopping for periods of time...not once have I done any 'drugs'. If you consider pot a drug, then that's all I've done. ;)

:cheers:

It is proven with people that smoke a lot that the thc will coat the nerve receptacles slowing down thinking processes etc. But it is also proven that if you stop smoking it will also disappear from those receptacles allowing your thought processes to get better.

And thats just hardcore smokers that have a problem with it. Once or twice a week, isnt going to have the same ill effects.

I love how people that have never smoked on a regular basis put down stuff and make these comments on heresay. I've been there, and have been to many other places as well. The only way to truly know and be fully knowledgeable about it, is to have gone down that road.

And I can tell all warning signs from a mile away, not to mention when I'm out working in my truck, if someone drives by that is smoking, I catch it every single time. Life's gonna be fun for my kids when they are teenagers :flush:

the only reason it was illegalized in the first place was, back in the 30's and the great depression, alot of mexican migrant workers were comeing to the midwest and takeing farm jobs from americans, so they needed something to throw migrant workers in jail for. technically it was legal it this point, but you had to have a permit for it,BUT the only way you could get the permit was to have a bag present with you when you aplied for the permit but, if you had a bag and no permit, you got arrested for possesion!! it was made legal again for a little while but then the sixties came and they needed something to arrest protesters of the war, so they made it illegal again. the reason its still illegal is not because its "unsafe", they need a reason to clean the streets up, plus they can make more money from fines than if they legalized it. eveyone who has done it knows its not hazardous, all of these tv commercials you see are total BS. like when them guys hit the little girl on the bike, how many times do you see some rich wallstreet jerk readin his stocks and checking his cellphone while hes driving his preety little sportscar in the wrong lane of traffic. people drive like idiots, stoned or not. when i used to smoke(quit for my job) i never had a problem driving stoned, hell i drove BETTER! its when you get idiot kids who cant handle being stoned in a responsible way, and cant drive for shit in the first place that give the government an exuse to come out with those commercials. plus if they bust someone with alot of it, they can just sell it again and make a fortune on that. ever wonder what they do with all the trees they confiscate? they "incinerate it". my ass they do!!! its the same with cigarettes, think the government cares if people smoke? hell no! they love it, they know people are addicted and will pay anything for smokes so they jack the taxes up and make a fortune off of it!i live by an indian reservation and get my smokes tax free, the government will never get my cigarette money! well enough ranting for one day, i better get out of here before the fbi shows up.

when i used to smoke(quit for my job) i never had a problem driving stoned, hell i drove BETTER! its when you get idiot kids who cant handle being stoned in a responsible way, and cant drive for shit in the first place that give the government an exuse to come out with those commercials.

I cant recall how many times that I've heard this.... No you don't drive better, you may think that you were, but nothing is farther from the truth. I would love to try that theory at the race track with reaction times. I guarantee that I would smoke any pot head that is high with the reaction times. Reaction time is extremly important in normal driving as well. But again, you won't believe me, nor any doctor for that matter. Belive what you want to belive.

That's another thing that needs to be added to the laws. You get in a injury traffic collision, mandatory blood or UA draw. If one of the parties is intoxicated (Meaning Drugs Or Alcohol) it should open up a HUGE liability suit. Which means I would get the house, car, bike!!!!

Again, don't get me wrong. I love potheads. It's when they begin to affect my life, and my families life, is when I get torqued off. Just Remember "SMOKE ALL YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Leave the high paying jobs to me!!!!

Damn this was a bad subject to bring up, everybodies gettin all bent out of shape, talkin about gettin their cars and houses broken into and possesions stolen...pot isnt legal and ppl still break into shit all the time.....nothings gonna change....alcohol is legal and it makes ppl do crazy ass shit...like drive and kill families but yet they sell it everyday..you've never heard on the news "Guy high on pot runs into a family in a minivan killing them all" NO you dont!!!!! something else you dont hear of doctors prescribing beer to someone with cancer, f*ck NO!! its POT baby P O motherfu@(#(@ T! figured everyone else gets all bent why shouldnt i throw my 2 cents in...........