Pissed...

So I get my new bearing carrier from Burgard...the tube that's inside the carrier is lodged in there. :angry: It's the tube inside that's supposed to spin. On the old carrier I can move it in there...but on the new carrier it's like it was dropped & now it's wedged in there. Any suggestins on 'unwedging' it? I could probably tap it down into place but I don't want to screw it up. :shootself:

The bearings came already installed I take it. I have a rather large diameter punch that I slide in that tube and I can usually work it around if need be. Maybe the handle end of a screwdriver can get in there to apply enough pressure to "unwedge" it.

Don't know, just a thought. :bolt:

contact burgard about it if you cant get it dislodged. See if they'll send you a new one with a shipping label to send the other one back.

That's probably what I'll wind up doing. Customer service is some dude on a cell phone. :rolleyes: Never got a tracking number, called him for a week when I ordered it...finally got it about a week later, 'next day air'. I dunno...at least I got it. I'm going to tinker with it some more, if I can't get it they WILL send me another. :cheers:

first one ur gonna need a long flathead screwdriver and a hammer, tape it out by puttin it in there and hitting the far bearing on the edge, hit it all the way around at diff places till it popes off, then just pump in grease, get a socket that has teh same outside diamater as ur bearing, put it on there hit it with a hammer and ur done

first one ur gonna need a long flathead screwdriver and a hammer, tape it out by puttin it in there and hitting the far bearing on the edge, hit it all the way around at diff places till it popes off, then just pump in grease, get a socket that has teh same outside diamater as ur bearing, put it on there hit it with a hammer and ur done

In fact, you can probably just bump one of the bearings out just a little, I mean a hair, and the tube in the center will probably dislodge. I have a rubber mallet that matches the size of the seals perfectly, and that makes quick work of putting them back in.

Just remember to bump one side then the opposite side, so you don't knock it out of round.

If you get worried though, it's probably best to just let them send you another. Although, I have a feeling it probably got lodged during shipping. Probably ought to call them first anyway, that way it's on record what happened.