Banshee Timing Curve

I found the timing curve in the banshee manual, and it really seems to drop off a lot! I advanced my timing a couple of degrees, but it drops off so drasticly, it should probably be re-curved instead of just advanced a couple of degrees?! What is up w/a timing curve like that? (I tried to attatch a picture but can't do it).

I only had it 2* advanced, but I just advanced it to 4* tonight. I can go more if I have to, but what puzzles me is why does the timing drop off so much the higher you rev it? Although the better the gas atomizes (higher velocity through the carbs) the better the burn, but gas only explodes at a certain speed period. The higher the rpms, the sooner you should be lighting it up (to a certain degree of course). Other factors come into play, but it just seems that the curve doesn't need to retard so much on top end :blink: . Any answers are welcome.

Edited by snowprophet1

The stock curve is designed for port specs as well as the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust peaks out at 6500 rpms. Any aftermarket exhaust will peak at 8500-11000 depending if you have a high rev or torque pipe.....I've done some dyno testing w/ stock cylinders and ported cylinders w/ a 4mil stroker and both setups like the +4 degrees the best across the WHOLE curve. So I'd say the stock curve is pretty accurate....I've got a dyno sheet w/ 0, +4, and +7 timing to compare. I'll post them tonight....