Brake Bleeding

ok guys i need your help, i cannot get the brakes to pump up!! ive tried doing it the old fashon way, bought a 6$ brake bleeding kit of ebay, nothing works! im temped to take it to the stealer and pay 35 bucks to get them bled. no air comes out only fluid, i went through enuf fluid to take a bath in! but they are still spongy and only barely work. any ideas on what i should do?? these are front brakes by the way.

Sounds like there is still air in the system.. It took a lot of pumping in my 900RR front brakes before I had any pressure and they took a little while to bleed. You're closing the bleeder bolt immediately after opening it and letting the air/brake fluid out, and while the brake handle is still compressed, right? Even if you let up slightly.. it draws air back into the system.

You may want to go to Autozone and get a hand pump on their Loan-A-tool program. You just hook it to the bleeder bolt, use the pump a bit, and it'll bleed itself in no time at all. You can buy them for about $20 there also. I got one for doing the front differential lube on my truck (no drain plug or pumpkin cover) and it works great for brakes too.

Pretty much any auto store should have a similar pump. I paid like $20 for mine but it sure beat paying some bizzo $75 to change the differential lube.

A lot of those auto stores also sell those self-bleeding bolts. You pop 'em in, put a plastic tube on the end so you don't get brake fluid all over your spindles/rims/etc, and then just sit on the seat and keep pulling the brake handle and keeping the resevoir filled. They're 1-way valves for 1 person bleeding jobs. I saw them at one of the auto stores around here a while back...

yeah, they have the self bleeding bolts, and also the kit you bought off ebay, is it a little cup jobby with tube you hook to the bleeder valve? You have to have brake fluid in the cup for it to work properly. Just hook it up, keep the master cylinder full of brake fluid and keep pumping. Make sure you dont overflow the cup, and make sure you close the valve before you disconnect the tube. If they still feel spongy, reconnect the cup, and keep pumping. Remember, air wants to rise. It will do it slowly in brake fluid, but if you dont do the whole system, when your checking, its gonna rise some, and then you'll bleed some more, check it, it'll rise some, etc etc. Usually when I do it, you'll get the main air bubbles, and then some good fluid for a little while, and then a couple more bubbles, and then fluid for a good while, and then they'll be that last bubble or two that didnt want to come out, and those are the ones that are probably making your brakes squishy.

Every time I've used one of those cups, on any vehicle, its worked like a charm.