Who Are The Mac People On This Site?

well for your information, mullet boy messaged me and said he IS just jealous of my machine. I know Lee is too, so bash macs all you want, you all know which is superior. and btw Lee, how would you know that that vid is "so true". i dont believe you have much, if any, experience with macs....

I switched over to mac thanksgiving before last and I'll never go back. Ok I did keep my POS PC networked to the mac for running a few of my programs that will never be made for the mac. But damn, once you use a mac for a few weeks, you'll never want to mess with PC garbage again (it takes about that long to unlearn all the tricks you had to use to keep your PC running). Everything just works on the mac, period. I've got the G4 iMac right now but will probably upgrade to a G5 or G6 dual whenever I decide that this comp is getting old. It amazes me that PC's are the norm when there's a system readily available out there that will do twice the things that a PC will do, with 1000x less hassle. Anyone upgraded to Panther after using Jaguar? Whatcha think? Worth the money to upgrade? Brooke you don't have to like the HQ, you're alright in my book.

Oh and as far as that video goes...that whole bit was true of earlier mac operating systems. On 10.2 at least, that whole cloverleaf/option thing (the mac version of ctrl/alt/delete) rarely, if ever gets used. I still have to look up which keys actually do it cuz in the entire time I've owned my mac, I've had to use it only 4 times. See how many hours you PC diehards can make it before you use ctrl/alt/del 4 times.

macs are verry nice computers i use a g5 at school somtimes

i have a pretty decent pc at home i never have problems with it and i'm using some big programs like 3ds max and maya there 3d animation programs and never have problems i can't rember the last time i used the crt alt delete i think any more its not a matter of wich works better its a matter of witch you like using more i give it to mac they have came along way

macs are verry nice computers i use a g5 at school somtimes

i have a pretty decent pc at home i never have problems with it and i'm using some big programs like 3ds max and maya there 3d animation programs and never have problems i can't rember the last time i used the crt alt delete i think any more its not a matter of wich works better its a matter of witch you like using more i give it to mac they have came along way

The PC Laptop my wife has (Dell)....flawless.. no ctrl alt del. This one I'm on now (POFS E-Machine) is like an old plug mule. We put windows xp on it, and it cured it of most of the bs, but now the hard drive is almost full. I really really want to shoot this one, in a really really bad way

The computer at work is the second best (HP). It locks up about once every 6 months. Usually right in the middle of a CAD drawing. And finally the laptop at the shop. It used to be the best, and now its ready to be a boat anchor. Windows 98, and its about 3-4 years old. It doesn't lock up, its just slow. I MEAN SLOW!!!! Its a Sony Vaio btw. The computers we have the least trouble with are the laptops that run the mills. Pentium II 286....Sony somethings.....Windows 3.1!!! :headbang:

10 years old and still going!!!!

Those things never have any issues as far as locking up. The only thing we ever have to do to them is take them apart and clean them.

I haven't used a Mac in 15-18 years. Apple IIe I think it was.