Omg!

well today i loaded the shee into the pickup to go riding at the gravel pit and i just ran a quick check on it and i found on the bar where the front motor mounts bolt to is broke!! its broke on both sides but only like half way around the bar, one is lower and one is higher, by dad said we should probably just weld them up instead of putting a sleave on it. it would be hard to use a sleave becuase the helicoils are right above it. also, im gonna hafta take off my p/c to weld it :( can it get any worse?? sorry for the long message, what should i do?

Well, it won't take but 20 minutes to pull the pipes off.  I would pull the pipes off and take it to a welder that can tig weld and have it tigged up.

It doesn't sound serious to me though.

Justin

I think he was referring to (p/c) powdercoat not Pro Circuit pipes. Correct me if I'm wrong?

why tig?? i dont have a tig and i dont know how to do it very well. i do have a stick welder and a wire feed mig. i will most likely mig weld it.
  • tig welds are the cleanest of all welds
  • the heat is more pinpointed, that helps from weakening everything around it
  • the welds are super strong
  • risky welds with stick, easy to burn through
  • oh, and they are really good looking welds.

you can get the job done with a mig though. let us know how it turns out.

well i like to think that im good at wire feed, and my dad is awesome at wire feed and even better at stick, but we will most likely wire feed it. we have access to a tig welder in school but ive never done it before, i just feel safer wire feeding it.